Special Plain Pulao Recipe – Basmati Pulao Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a very simple pulao, but it is very special and taste so flavourful and aromatic. You can pair this with any of your favorite curries or kurma.
This is a simple pulao which is so easy to make. If you get the hang of it you will get perfect grains of rice all the time. Each rice shines through all the time.
For getting perfect pulao, make sure you follow these steps.
1)Soak basmati rice for atleast 30 mins. You can soak it anywhere from 30 mins to 1 hour.
2)Add 2 parts water to 1 part rice.
3)Boil the rice on high flame till most of the water is absorbed and your rice looks as shown in the image.
4)Cover and cook on lowest heat possible.
5)Use good quality ghee, basmati rice and saffron, because those are the ones which gives the aroma.
6)Once pulao is done cooking, turn off the heat and let the pulao stand for 10 to 15 mins before fluffing the rice.
7)Serve pulao hot with any spicy gravies.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Ghee - 4 tblsp
- Shahi Jeera / Black Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Cashews - 2 tblsp
- Kishmish / Sultanas - 2 tblsp
- Saffron a pinch
- Milk - 3 tblsp
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pot, add nuts and raisans and fry till golden. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, add whole spices and mix well.
- Add in water and rice. Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil. Boil for 5 mins on high heat till most of the water is absorbed.
- Now cover the pan with a lid and put it on lowest heat possible and cook for 5 more mins.
- Meanwhile, take saffron in a bowl, add warm milk and let it sit for 5 mins.
- Now open the pan, add saffron milk and cover it again and cook for 5 more mins.
- Now remove the pan from heat and add fried raisans and cashews.
- Set aside for 5 mins.
- Fluff up the rice and serve.
1)Soak basmati rice for 30 mins.
2)Now it is soaked.
3)Drain them and set aside.
4)Heat generous amount of ghee in a pot.
5)Once it is fried, add raisans
6)Fry till golden, then drain them.
7)Remove them and set aside.
8)In the same ghee, add whole spices. Bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves
7)Add shahi jeera
8)Let them fry for a min.
9)Add in water
11)Add a touch of sugar
13)Add in the rice.
15)Bring it to a boil.
16)Let it boil till rice has mostly absorbed the water.
17)It should look like this, it will take around 5 to 6 mins. There should still some water in the rice.
18)Now put a lid and simmer the flame to the lowest possible and cook for another 5 mins.
19)Take generous amount of saffron in a bowl.
20)Add warm milk and set aside for 5 mins.
22)Now you can see the rice has absorbed all the water.
23)Pour the saffron milk all over it.
24)Cover the pot with lid and continue to cook on low flame for 5 more mins.
25)NOw you can see all the rice in the pot facing upwards, this is how you know that the rice is perfectly done.
26)Fluff up the rice.
27)Add fried nuts and raisans
28)Serve hot, look how the each and every grains shines through.