Lamingtons cake recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Eggless Lamington Cake with Step by Step Pictures. Australian Lamingtons Recipe is a chocolate and coconut cake which taste amazing.
Lamingtons cakes recipe is one of my all time favorite. I love it so much that i have made quite a variation of this recipe on my blog. You will love my traditional lamingtons and my jelly lamingtons.
If you are hearing about this for the first time. Then this is what lamington is.
Source WIKI: A lamington is a dessert of Australian origin. It consists of squares of sponge cake coated first in a layer of traditionallychocolate sauce, then in desiccated coconut. Lamingtons are sometimes served as two halves with a layer of cream orstrawberry jam between, and are commonly found in South African and Australasian outlets such as cafes, lunch bars, bakeries, home industries and supermarkets. A raspberry variety is also common in New Zealand, while a lemon variety has been encountered in Australia.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Milk Powder - 1/2 cup 60 grams
- Sugar - 3/4 cup 150 grams
- Ghee or Melted butter - 4 tblspn
- Milk - 1/2 cup or as needed 120ml
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
For Sauce & Coating:
- Icing Sugar - 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
- Melted Butter - 3 tblsp
- Water as needed
- Dessicated Coconut - 1 cup or as needed
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take flour, milk powder, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in ghee, milk and mix well.
- Spoon this into the baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Mix all the ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Now take the cake and remove the top crust. Cut it into squares.
- Dip it in chocolate sauce and coat in coconut and set aside.
2)This stays fresh in room temp for 2 days.
3)You can store in fridge for upto a week.
1)Take all ingredients
2)Take sugar in a bowl
2)Add in milk powder
3)Add in flour
4)Add baking soda and baking powder
6)Add ghee or melted butter
9)Mix to a smooth batter
10)Pour it into baking pan and bake
11)Cool the cake completely
12)Now make icing. Take icing sugar in a bowl
13) Add cocoa powder
14)Add in melted butter
16)Make into a smooth batter
17)Remove the crust off and cut it into squares
18)Coat in chocolate sauce
19)Coat in coconut