Fried chicken rolls is a spicy chicken filling stuffed inside a fried crispy rolls. A bakery style chicken rolls made easily at home. These are so crispy on the outside and so fluffy inside.
Fried Chicken Rolls Recipe - Chicken Buns Recipe with step wise pictures.
I have tasted this in a bakery near by and this is my favorite. The pillow soft buns are topped with a chicken filling . This is perfect to put in your kids lunch box or it will make a great after school snack. The dough and filling can be made a day in advance and stored in fridge.
I used my homemade pizza dough as the base and it was so soft, light and fluffy. You can even add some colourful bell peppers to make it super colourful.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Fried Chicken Rolls Recipe
- Start by making the dough. Let it rise for 1 hour. Link for recipe given below.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and saute till golden.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt and mix well.
- Add in chopped chicken and mix well.
- Cover and cook till it is cooked.
- Add in ketchup and cook till the mixture dries up.
- Now take some dough and shape it like a log.
- Dip the log in beaten egg and coat it in breadcrumbs.
- Now deep fry the log till golden brown.
- Drain them in a paper towel.
- Now take the roll, split it in half. Fill with the filling and serve
Fried Chicken Roll Preparation (Step by Step)
1)Check my pizza dough recipe
2)Take your filling ingredients
3)Heat oil in a pan
4)Add in onions and tomatoes
5)Saute them well
6)Add in salt to taste
7)Add in chilli and garam masala powder
9)Add in cubed chicken
10)Mix that into the masala
11)Now the chicken is almost cooked
12)Take some ketchup
13)Add few tblsp in
14)Mix well and cook till the mixture dries a little
15)Now it is done
16)Now take the dough and knead to get rid of the air inside it.
17) Now take small portion of dough
18)Roll it into a log
19)Now take some egg and beat well. Take breadcrumbs in a plate
20)Dip the rolls in beaten egg
21)Roll it in breadcrumbs
22)Coat it well
24)Drop in hot oil and fry till golden. Drain them
25)Split the buns
26)Fill with chicken filling
Updated : This post is originally published on June 2017.