Bakery Style chicken puffs with step by step pictures. The spicy chicken filling is stuffed inside puff pastry and baked till golden.
My long time mission came to an end, i successfully made puffs. Look at the pictures it looks promising right. I have made puff pastry before but it was a complete failure and a butter was leaking all the place and it was a complete mess. From that day onwards i stayed away from puff pastry for a while. But after watching so many videos and referring so many website, i got a little confident. But when many of my viewers requested me to post this, i got the complete confidence and got into action. I made a traditional puff pastry before and also made a pastry which takes just 15 mins to make.
About this Recipe
Chicken Puffs is a southeast Asian snack, a small pie consisting of curry with chicken and potatoes in a deep-fried or baked pastry shell. Chicken Puffs are basically food that gets you addicted, but otherwise does no harm to your body. Although the origins of this snack are unknown, it is thought to have originated in Maritime Southeast Asia as a result of colonization-era influences such as the British Cornish pasty, the Portuguese empanada, and the Indian samosa. The Chicken puff is one of several puff type pastries with various fillings, but it is now by far the most popular. Other popular fillings include eggs, sardines, root vegetables and onions, and sweet fillings like yam.
15 mins puff pastry sheets
I have made veg puffs, a healthy version of egg puffs before. I also made a chicken and leek pie too. Finally i made the much requested chicken puffs as well.
Ingredients For Indian Chicken Puffs
Puff Pastry :
Puff pastry is a flaky, light pastry made from a laminated dough of dough and butter or another solid fat. The butter is inserted into the dough (or vice versa), forming a paton that is folded and rolled out several times before baking.
Garam Masala Powder :
Garam masala is a spice blend that is widely used in Indian cuisine, including curries, lentil dishes, and soups. Cinnamon, mace, peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and cardamon pods are toasted in a pan to release their aromatic flavours before being ground to a powder.
Onions are considered a basic ingredient or the foundation of Indian cooking and are used to make any gravy, curry, or bhuna dish. The flavour and aroma of onion transforms any ordinary dish into a mouthwatering and delectable one.
So try this and out and let me know how it turned out.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Chicken Puffs Recipe | Indian Chicken Puffs Recipe
- Puff Pastry - 1 batch
- Oil - 3 tblspn
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 2 tsp
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblspn
- Boneless Chicken Breast - 2 large chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp or to taste
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - ½ cup
- Egg - 1 for egg wash or little cream
- First make the filling, heat oil in a pan, crackle fennel seeds. add in onions and saute it on medium heat till it is wilted and cooked, it will take around 8 mins.
- Add in green chillies and ginger garlic paste and cook for a min.
- Add in chicken. Now saute this whole thing together for a good 5 mins till the chicken is done.
- Now add in salt, chilli and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Now add in tomato ketchup and mix well. Cook till it thickens.Now set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 220 degree C. Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Now take your puff pastry sheets and cut into 4 to 6 equal square portions.
- Now spoon generous amount of filling on the middle of the pastry, fold over and use a fork to seal the edges.Brush with egg wash or milk or cream.
- Now pop it into the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 mins, till the top is golden brown.
- Remove it from oven and cool down for 5 mins. Now remove this to a plate and serve.
|take your puff pastry sheets..RECIPE HERE|