Zebra Cake with Step by Step Pictures. Vanilla and chocolate cake batter layered in a round cake pan and baked which creates zebra like pattern.
I made this cake last weekend for my sister’s friends, they all loved it. I suggest you all to try this once. After you finish making the batter if the batter is so thick you could add some more milk to it. The consistency of the batter should be like a dosa batter. It is very important. Don't make the batter too runny.
About Zebra Cake
This cake is a special recipe which has vanilla and chocolate batter layered in a pan which creates a beautiful zebra cake.Making zebra cake can be very therapeutic. But slicing them gives immense pleasure. Slicing and looking at those gorgeous patterns is so beautiful.
Zebra cake is a pretty cake to look at. Because it has lovely black and white lines running along. The cake may look so complicated, but it is not a big deal to make. If I can make it everyone can make it.
Cake pan size for Zebra cake is Baking Pan Size - 9" Round Cake Pan / 23 Cm Round Cake Pan
How to Prepare a Cake Pan
Mix together a tsp of cocoa and a tsp of flour together. Prepare a tin by applying Butter on all sides and dusting with flour and cocoa mixture.
How to Make Zebra Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Prepare a baking pan.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour and baking powder together.Set this aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla essence till pale and light. Don't make it fluffy.
- Add in milk, salt, oil and mix well.Fold in flour mixture slowly.
- Take half of the batter in to another bowl and mix in cocoa.
- Now take the tin and pour 2 tbsp of white batter, next in with cocoa batter and repeat this step till the batter is finished.
- Bake it in the oven for 45-50 min or until the cake is cooked.To check whether the cake is cooked,Insert a skewer in, if the skewer comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the tin and slice it into wedge and serve.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Zebra Cake | Zebra Cake Recipe
- Maida / All purpose flour - 1 ½ cup 180 grams
- Sugar - ½ cup 100 grms
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Milk - ¾ cup 180 ml
- Egg - 2
- Cocoa powder - 2 tblsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Butter - 100 grams
- Salt a pinch
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix eggs with vanilla and set aside.
- Take butter and sugar in a bowl and beat till fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat till fluffy.
- Add in half of the flour mix and milk and fold gently.
- Add in remaining flour and fold again.
- Now remove half of the batter into a bowl. To one bowl add cocoa and fold gently.
- Take a cake pan, line with parchment paper. Spoon some vanilla batter, then chocolate batter. repeat this way till it is completely done.
- Now tap the pan in counter few times to remove air bubble.
- Now pop it into the oven and bake for 35 to 40 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Slice and serve
Zebra Cake with Step by Step pictures.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Line a pan with parchment paper
3)Take flour in a bowl
4)Add in baking powder
6)Mix well and set aside.
7)Take egg in a bowl
8)Add in vanilla
10)Take butter in a bowl
11)Add in sugar
12)Add in egg
14)Add in half of the flour
15)Add in milk
17)Remove half of the batter into a bowl
18)Add in cocoa powder
22)Spoon cocoa batter
24)Bake till done
This is cake which I made another day. Look at the layers.