Best Ever Marble Cake or Zebra Cake with Step by Step Pictures.
This cake is a special recipe which has vanilla and chocolate batter layered in a pan which creates a beautiful zebra cake.
Making zebra cake can be very therapeutic. But slicing them gives immense pleasure. Slicing and looking at those gorgeous patterns is so beautiful.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Maida / All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup 180 grams
- Sugar - 1/2 cup 100 grms
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Milk - 3/4 cup 180 ml
- Egg - 2
- Cocoa powder - 2 tblsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Butter - 100 grams
- Salt a pinch
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix eggs with vanilla and set aside.
- Take butter and sugar in a bowl and beat till fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat till fluffy.
- Add in half of the flour mix and milk and fold gently.
- Add in remaining flour and fold again.
- Now remove half of the batter into a bowl. To one bowl add cocoa and fold gently.
- Take a cake pan, line with parchment paper. Spoon some vanilla batter, then chocolate batter. repeat this way till it is completely done.
- Now tap the pan in counter few times to remove air bubble.
- Now pop it into the oven and bake for 35 to 40 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Slice and serve
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Line a pan with parchment paper
3)Take flour in a bowl
4)Add in baking powder
6)Mix well and set aside.
7)Take egg in a bowl
8)Add in vanilla
10)Take butter in a bowl
11)Add in sugar
12)Add in egg
14)Add in half of the flour
15)Add in milk
17)Remove half of the batter into a bowl
18)Add in cocoa powder
22)Spoon cocoa batter
24)Bake till done