- Rice - 1 cup ( I used normal cooking rice)
- Green Gram Dal / pacha pataru - ½ cup
- Masoor Dal / Red Lentil - ½ cup
- Toor Dal / Tuvaram Paruppu - ½ cup
- Urad Dal / Ulundu - ½ cup
- Onion - 1 large
- Green Chilli - 5
- Ginger - 2 inch piece
- Curry leaves a handful
- Chilli powder - 2 tblspn or to taste
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for making dosa
- Take all the dals and rice and wash them well in lots of water.
- Now soak them in water for 5 hours.
- Now drain them and take it in a blender and make into a fine paste by adding some water.
- Transfer this to a bowl and mix well.
- Now take onions, green chilli, ginger and curry leaves in a food processor and chop them finely.
- Add it to the batter and mix well.
- Add asafoetida, salt, chilli powder to the batter and mix well. Batter is done.
- Heat a tawa. Take a ladleful of batter and make into a thin dosa.
- Drizzle oil on all sides and cook for a min on one side.
- Flip over and cook for 30 seconds on other side too.
- Remove from tawa and serve with coconut chutney.
|You can add any dals you like|
|Wash them well|
|Soak them for 5 hours|
|After 5 hours they will be plumped up|
|add it to the blender|
|and make into a fine paste|
|Transfer that into a bowl|
|You will need some onions, ginger, curry leaves,green chillies to add into the batter|
|I took them in a food processor|
|and chopped them up|
|Add that into the batter|
|add in salt and asafoetida|
|I added some chilli powder to make it spicy|
|Mix all of them|
|Now make adai dosa|
|drizzle some oil to make it crispy|