Paneer pakora with step by step pictures. Soft indian cottage cheese coated in a spicy gram flour coating and fried till crispy. This makes a perfect evening snack. Pakora taste great with, Cardamom Chai, Masala Chai ,Mint Chai
Indian cuisines paneer pakora is a favourite evening snack. It's produced by frying Indian cottage cheese, or paneer, in a batter. These are wonderful and pleasantly spicy. Green chutney or red chilli chutney are commonly served with paneer pakora.
Ingredients for Paneer pakora
Gram flour : Gram flour, often known as chickpea flour, is prepared from ground chickpeas and has a nutty, earthy flavour. It is gluten-free by nature.
Ajwain : Ajwain is used in curries, pakoras, and dals as a tadka, and as a flavour in breads.
Chat Masala Powder : Chaat Masala has a distinct flavour that is easy to recognise. It's a complex mix of acidic, spicy, salty, tangy, and sour with a tinge of sweetness
Rice Flour : White rice flour has a very neutral flavor that tastes like whatever you are trying to make it taste like.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Paneer Pakora Recipe | Paneer Pakoda Recipe
- Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese - 200 grams Recipe here
- Tomato Ketchup as needed
- Oil for Deep Frying
- For Batter:
- Gram Flour / Besan / Kadalai Mavu - 1 cup
- Rice Flour or Cornflour - ¼ cup
- Ajwain / Omam / Carom Seeds - ¼ tsp
- Chat Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Take batter ingredients in a bowl and make it into a little thick batter.
- Slice paneer into thin slices, spread ketchup and place another slice paneer over it.
- Now dip the paneer in the batter and coat it well.
- Drop it in hot oil and fry till golden.
- Drain onto some paper towel.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Paneer Pakora with Step by Step Pictures
|Take gram flour in a bowl