Pepper Mutton Gravy Recipe – Step wise pictures
Delicious pepper mutton curry which taste amazing with roti, rice or pulao.
Its been a while since i shared any mutton gravy recipe. This is the dish which i made for the get together and everyone loved it. They started asking me for the recipe. This is a easy recipe to make, you dont need much work at all. The curry also was very creamy, rich and tasty.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Cardamom - 2
- Onion - 2 large sliced
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mutton - 500 grams
- To Roast & Grind: Fennel Seeds - 2 tsp, Black Pepper - 2 tsp
- Dry roast pepper and fennel till light golden. Cool it down and grind to a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cinnamon, cardamom and cumin. Let it sizzle.
- Add in onions and cook till light golden. Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Take half of the tomato onion mix and puree finely. Add it back into the cooker.
- Add in salt and spice powders except the freshly roasted ones and mix well.
- Add in mutton and mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistle. Simmer for 5 mins. Turn off the heat and let the steam escape by itself.
- Open the cooker, add more water and bring it to a boil. add the freshly roasted spices. Mix well.
1)Take a heavy bottom pan, add fennel seeds and peppers
2)Roast till golden brown
3)Cool it down, take it in a blender
4)Powder it fine
5)Heat oil in a pressure cooker
6)Add cumin, cardamom and cinnamon
7)Add in onions
8)Cook till golden
9)Add in ginger garlic paste
10)Saute for a min
11)Add in tomatoes
14)Cook till mushy
15)Take half of the mix in a blender
16)Puree till smooth
17)Add it into the pan
19)Add in spice powders
21)Add in salt
22)Add in mutton pieces
24)Cover and cook
26)Add in water
27)Bring it to a boil
28)Add in pepper and fennel powder