Last Updated on October 23, 2021
Pumpkin Soup Recipe - Low Calorie Poosanikai Soup Recipe
Healthy and tasty pumpkin soup which is perfect on a cold winter day. This soup is great for people who are in diet. This is great for weight loss.
Pumpkin soups are surprisingly tasty and simple to make as well. This soup is thick and creamy without the addition of creamy. You can make this for lunch and enjoy a huge bowl of it without any guilt.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Garlic - 3 to 4 cloves
- Pumpkin - 3 cups chopped
- Vegetable Stock or Water - 3 to 4 cups
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Milk or Cream as needed
- Coriander leaves - 2 tblsp chopped finely
- Heat oil in a pot. Add in onions, garlic and saute for 1 min.
- Add in pumpkin and cook till caramelized.
- Add stock and mix well. Bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Now take pumpkin and puree till smooth.
- Add it back to the pot, add more stock and mix well. Simmer for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in cream or milk, salt and mix well.
- Serve hot with some pepper and coriander leaves.
1)Heat oil in a pot. Add garlic and onions.
2)Saute for 2 mins.
3)Add in cubed pumpkin
4)Saute them well
5)Cook till it gets little browned
6)Add in veg stock or water
7)Cover and simmer till pumpkin is cooked
8)Drain the pumpkin and add to a blender
9)Puree till smooth
10)Add it back to the pot.
11)Add more water or stock
12)Add some milk or cream
13)Add salt to taste
14)Simmer for 1 min and serve.
15)Top with fresh chopped coriander leaves and pepper.