British Rich Plum Cake Recipe with Step by step Pictures.
You will love my chocolate fruit cake recipe which is made in a pan.
Each year i am sharing new fruit cake recipes for christmas. This year it is a rich british plum cake recipe and turned out super delicious. This is a single cake version and this particular recipe gives you a perfect one hefty cake.
1)This cake needs no soaking of fruits in rum.
2)It is a instant fruit cake recipe.
3)This is a non alcoholic version.
Even though this cake has no alcohol in it. It taste absolutely delicious. This cake can be made from start to finish in under 30 mins, Baking time extra.
Tips to bake cake without an oven
1)Use a heavy bottom pan with fitting lid.
2)Ue hard anodised pan for best result.
3)Dont use nonstick pan. since it is not ideal to heat nonstick empty.
4)Use aluminium and indalium pan.
5)You can use a pressure cooker for baking. If you are using pressure cooker, dont use whistle or gasket.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Black seedless raisins - 1½ cup
- Dates - 5
- Prunes - 5
- Tutti fruity - 2 tblsp
- Candied fruits - 2 tblsp
- Cashews - 3 tblsp
- Flour - 1½ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup + ¼ cup for caramel
- Water - ⅓ cup + ½ cup
- Orange juice from 1
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- Pumpkin pie spice (optional) - 1 tsp
- Ginger powder - 1 tsp
- Egg - 2
- Vanilla extract -1 tsp
- Butter - 100 grams
- Preheat oven to 180 degree c.
- Line a 8 inch round pan with parchment paper. Grease it lightly.
- Now take all dried fruits and nuts in a sauce pan.
- Add ½ cup water and orange and mix well
- cook it for 2 mins.
- Set aside to cool.
- Now in a separate pan take sugar and cook on medium heat till it caramelizes.
- Add ⅓ cup water and mix well till smooth.
- Now in a bowl, take butter, sugar and vanilla. Cream well.
- Add in eggs and mix well.
- Add in caramel water and mix well.
- Add in spice powders, flour and baking soda. Fold gently,
- Add in the dry fruit mixture. Fold gently.
- Spoon into the pan and bake for 45 mins and 1 hour.
- Remove and cool completely. Serve.
1)Take all your ingredients
3)Take all the fruits in a sauce pan
4)Add in orange juice
5)Add in water
6)Heat till it comes to a boil
7)Take sugar in a sauce pan and cook on low heat
8)Now the sugar is caramelized
10)Cook till it is smooth
11)Take butter in a bowl
12)Add in sugar
13)Add in vanilla
14)Add in eggs and mix well
15)Add in caramel water
16)Add in spice powder
17)Add in ginger powder
18)Add in flour
19)Add in baking soda
21)Add in flour to dry fruits mix.
22)add this to batter
23)Line a pan with parchment
24)Spoon the batter in
25)Bake till done