Christmas Fruit Cake in a kadai or pan with step by step pictures. Chocolate Fruit cake taste so moist and fruity.
Chocolate Fruit Cake which is rich and moist. Chocolate fruit cake is made in a pan or a kadai. If you don’t have oven, you can bake this cake in a kadai.
Tips to bake cake without an oven
1)Use a heavy bottom pan with fitting lid.
2)Ue hard anodised pan for best result.
3)Dont use nonstick pan. since it is not ideal to heat nonstick empty.
4)Use aluminium and indalium pan.
5)You can use a pressure cooker for baking. If you are using pressure cooker, dont use whistle or gasket.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Black Seedless Raisins - 2 cups
- Dates - 1/2 cup chopped
- Prunes - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 100 grams
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 1/2 cup
- Orange Zest from 1 orange
- Orange Juice from 1 orange
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- Cocoa Powder - 3 tblsp
- Take raisins, dates, prunes, orange zest, orange juice, cocoa powder, butter, brown sugar, honey, water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Boil for 5 mins.
- Cool it down for 30 mins.
- Add in egg and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and mix well.
- Spoon this in a parchment lined baking pan.
- Heat a heavy bottom kadai covered for 10 mins.
- Now place a separator in the bottom and place cake pan. Cover and cook for 40 to 45 mins till cake is cooked.
- Remove and cool completely
- Unmould and serve.
2)You can increase the amount of fruit if you want.
3)If you dont have prunes and dates. Use 2 cups of black raisins.
4)Add in seedless black raisins.
5)You can add ginger powder, cardamom powder, mix spice powder, nutmeg powder for added flavour.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Take a sauce pan
3)Add in seedless black raisin
4)Add in prunes and dates
5)Add in butter
6)Add in brown sugar
7)Add in honey
8)Add in water
9)Add in cocoa powder
10)Add in orange zest
11)Add in orange juice
12)Place it on heat and cook till it starts to boil
13)Boil this for 4 to 5 mins
16)Cool the mix and add in egg
17)Add in flour
18)add in baking soda and baking powder
19)Add in spice powders
21)Spoon the batter into pans lined with parchment paper.
22)Place a separater in the bottom of a heavy bottom kadai and heat the kadai covered for 10 mins
23)Place cake pan in it.
24)Cover and cook