Sathu Mavu Recipe – Health Mix Powder for Adults Recipe
This is a nutritious health mix powder for adults and kids. This is high in all the nutrition and makes a great breakfast option. A tall glass of this is enough for breakfast.
Once upon a time this drink was my breakfast, when i was studying school , mom would make this daily and give us. Since it has lots of grain in them. It is rich in fiber, carb, protein. So it makes a great breakfast option. Also it is super easy to make and is great for busy morning. If your kids loves this drink then you are the luckiest mom on earth.
I have shared health mix for babies, this one is for adults.
Spend your weekend making this powder and keep them stored in fridge for longer shelf life. You can enjoy this healthy drink all through the week.
This recipe is great for people who are on diet. This keeps you full for longer and stops you from over eating.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Green Gram - 1/2 cup
- Thinai / Foxtail Millet - 1/2 cup
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1/4 cup
- Horse Gram / Kollu - 1/2 cup
- Rice - 1/4 cup
- Roasted Gram Dal / Pottu kadalai - 1/2 cup
- Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
- Ragi Flour - 1/2 cup
- Yellow cornflour / Makkai ki Atta - 1/2 cup
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Cashews - 1/4 cup
- Badam / Almonds - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom - 5 to 10
- Dry Ginger Powder - 2 tsp
- Health Mix powder - 3 tblsp
- Water or Milk - 1.5 cup to 2 cup
- Jaggery or Sugar to taste
- Dry roast all the grains except gram dal, peanuts, almonds, cashews and cardamom. Dry roast on a heavy bottom pan on low heat till golden brown. Cool it down. Take it in a blender and powder fine and transfer to a bowl.
- Now in the same pan roast gram dal, peanuts, cashews, badam and cardamom till golden and cool it down. Take it in a blender and powder fine and transfer to the same bowl.
- Now roast all the flour till golden and take it in a bowl.
- Add dry ginger powder and mix well.
- Sieve this well and store in a container.
- When cooking, take some powder, mix with milk and cook till thickens. Add sweetner of your choice and mix well.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)I am using rice, thinai, urad dal with skins, horse gram, roasted gram dal, peanuts, green gram, cashews, badam and cardamom.
3)I had these readymade flours on hand, so used those. You can use whole grains if you have. These are wheat flour,corn flour and ragi flour.
4)First dry roast all the grain except cashews, almonds, roasted gram dal, cardamom.
5)I dry roast on low heat for 10 to 15 mins.
6)Now everything is roasted. Cool it down.
7)Remove to a blender and powder it.
8)Now it is powdered finely.
9)Take it in a large bowl.
10)Take roasted gram dal, almonds, badam and cardamom in the same pan.
11)Roast on low heat till golden.
12)Take it in a blender and powder
13)Now it is nice and fine, dont grind this too much, else the nuts will get pasty
14)Add it to the same bowl.
15)Now take all the flour in the same pan.
16)Roast till golden
17)Take it in the same bowl
19)You can sieve this
20)Now it is all sifted. Cool this down and store in a container.
21) For making malt, check this link. Instead of ragi powder in that you should use this health mix and cook.