Vermicelli Kunafa Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Stove Top Vermicelli Kunafa or Semiya Kunafa is easy to make and takes just few minutes to make. This recipe is not easy to make but needs basic ingredients.
I used homemade ricotta cheese in this recipe and it was super easy to make. All you need is milk, salt and lemon juice.
- Crush semiya till fine. Set aside
- Take 1 tsp butter in a pan, add in semiya and roast for couple of mins.
- Now add in ¼ cup water. lower the flame and cover and cook till soft. Set aside.
- Now take ½ of the butter in a pan, add in half of the semiya and flatten it well.
- Now add in ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. Now spoon remaining semiya and flatten it. Now add butter. Cook on low heat till golden. Now flip and cook on other side too.
- When this is cooking. Make sugar syrup. Take sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Boil for 5 mins.
- Now add in rose extract. Pour this over the kunafa and decorate with pistachios.
1)Take semiya in a bowl. Use the fine variety.
2)Crush it really well so it is fine.
3)Heat butter in a pan
4)Add in semiya and roast for couple of mins
6)Add little water
7)Mix well. Low the heat and cover and cook.
8)Cover and cook till semiya is half cooked
9)Now it is done.
10)Take all ingredients
11)Apply butter in a skillet
18)Press semiya evenly
19)Sprinkle in ricotta cheese
20)Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
21)Cover with remaining semiya
22)Place some butter
23)Cover and cook
24)Now once the bottom is golden
24)You have to invert this in a plate and then slide it back into the pan. Now cook for few more mins.
24)Now make sugar syrup. Take sugar in a sauce pan
26)Bring it to a boil. Boil for 2 to 3 mins.
27)Add in few drops of rose extract
28)Syrup is done
29)Now pour this over the kunafa.