Capsicum Zunka Recipe with step by step pictures. Spicy capsicum vegetable stir fry tossed with spice powders, gram flour.
This is a simple stir fry of crunchy bell peppers with some besan. The besan crisp up slightly along with the bell pepper which taste awesome. This is all together a jiffy to make and definitely easy to eat. Please try it and let me know what you think.
About Capsicum Zunka Recipe
Capsicum zunka is a simple side dish made with bell peppers, spices which is finally sprinkled with gram flour and roasted till cooked. This capsicum zunka taste amazing with rice or roti.
Ingredients for Bell Pepper Zunka
- Bell pepper / Capsicum
- Onions, garlic
- Green Chilli
- Cumin seeds, mustard seeds
- Chilli, Coriander & Turmeric powder
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Capsicum Zunka Recipe | Bell Pepper Zunka Recipe
- 3 Bell pepper / Capsicum
- 3 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds / Kaduku
- 2 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 3 tbsp Kadalai Mavu / Gram Flour / Besan
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Dice Bell Peppers into small cubes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai. Add in mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Now add in garlic, onion, green chillies and fry for a min. Add turmeric and mix well.
- Add in Bell peppers and mix well. Season with salt and mix well.
- Cook for 3 to 4 mins. Add in chilli and coriander powder and mix well.
- Now sprinkle in some gram flour and mix well.
- Now drizzle in 2 tbsp of oil and mix well.
- Stir fry and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 mins.
- Serve hot with rice.
Capsicum Zunka Recipe Step by Step Pictures
1)Heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard and cumin seeds.
2)Add in garlic
3)Add in onions
4)Add green chillies
5)saute for 1 min.
6)Add in turmeric powder and mix well.
7)Add in capsicum
8)Add salt and mix well.
9)Mix well and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
10) Add in kashmiri chilli powder
11)Add in coriander powder and stir fry for 1 min.
12)Add in gram flour
13)Sprinkle it all over the capsicum.
15)Add extra oil. Stir fry on low heat 2 to 3 mins.
16)Add lemon juice and mix well