Coriander Roti Recipe with step by step pictures. This is a soft roti recipe flavoured with coriander and wheat flour.
We consume lots of chapati and roti than rice, which is usual with a typical South Indian family. Because hubby and me love chapatis more than rice. But I try to make it even more special by adding something in it and make it a little different than the usual ones. Last month I made this chapati simply by adding some cilantro in it, since I had lots of cilantro lying poorly in my fridge for few weeks.
But later I found that it gave a nice flavour to it and actually the chapatis looked so pretty with those little specks of green popping throughout them. We had it with nice spicy chicken curry which is so damn easy to make, I will post that very soon. Now off you go to the recipe and tell me what is your way of making chapati looks pretty.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Coriander Roti Recipe | Coriander Chapati Recipe
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- Coriander Leaves a handful finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Water as needed
- Take everything in a large mixing bowl and mix it with your hands to incorporate the oil into the flour.
- Slowly add water and make into a dough.
- Knead the dough for 5 mins.
- Drizzle few drops of oil over the dough and cover it with a bowl.
- Let it rest for 30 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Start making chapatis out of the dough.
- Heat a tawa on medium heat.
- Drop this chapati and cook on both sides till cooked.
- Drizzle some oil or ghee and save them in hot case.
- Eat hot with spicy curries.
Coriander Roti Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Add them in a bowl|
|Mix well with your hands|
|and make into a soft dough..Let them rest for few minutes|
|Divide them into equal portions|
|Roll them into chapati|
|and toast them in tawa|
|flip over and cook|