Potato Roast Recipe with step by step pictures. Simple urulai roast made with onions, potatoes and spices. This taste amazing with rice.
Potato Roast Recipe
Potatoes are my favourite, i make them quite often. These ginger flavoured are so good. Adding onions to this makes it more tasty.
I made these and served with plain rice, tomato rasam and curd. It was delicious. I used kashmiri chilli powder, because i wanted to have a bright red colour without the heat.
Ingredients for Potato Roast
- Potatoes - 3 large boiled peeled and cut into big chunks
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 4 slit
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - a pinch
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - ½ tsp
- Oil - ¼ cup
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Potato Roast Recipe | Potato Fry Recipe | Urulai Varuval Recipe
- 3 large Potatoes boiled peeled and cut into big chunks
- 1 large Onion sliced thinly
- 4 slit Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Kaduku
- 1 tsp Urad Dal / Ulundu Paruppu
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi
- ¼ cup Oil
- Heat oil in a nonstick kadai. Add in mustard, urad dal and asafoetida.
- Add in onions, green chillies, salt, turmeric and saute for 2 mins or so till translucent.
- Add in potatoes and toss well. Cook till it gets crispy and well roasted.
- Add in chilli powder and mix well.
- Roast for few more mins.
Version 1: Potato Roast Recipe
|Take all your ingredients|
Version 2: Potato Roast Recipe
This is a kind of potato roast which requires no fancy spices..This recipe is very straight forward..You only need basic two spices and you are done..The one thing about this dish is it requires quite a bit of time to roast. You should cook it in low flame for a long time so that the potatoes gets nice and crisp..Alternatively you could even use an oven to roast the potatoes,But I find stove top works fine. This is my favorite potato roast and I make this more often. I will surely post amma’s favorite potato fry in another one post.
Ingredients for Potato Roast
Chilli powder-1 tblspn
Turmeric powder / Manjal Podi-1 tsp
Curry leaves- a handful
Salt to taste
How to Make Potato Roast
- Pressure cook potatoes till they are cooked. Peel away the skin and cut into cubes. Set this aside for a moment.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in curry leaves and let it splatter.
- Add in potatoes and mix well.
- Now add in salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Reduce the flame to a low and simmer it for 10 mins until the potatoes turn light golden around the edges.
- Now add in chilli powder and mix well.
- Cook this in a low flame for 15-20 mins. By which time the potatoes will have been beautifully crisped up. Switch off the flame and serve with rice.
wowwwwwww amazing arthi..lukn so tempting.