This is my first attempt in making and eating a pumpkin pie. I am telling you, this is a must try pie atleast once in a life time. it is too good to resist. I am sure everyone who eats this will love it for sure.
I am in a whole thanskgiving mood and cooking up a storm for this thanksgiving. I am trying to cover as much recipe as i can and this was my first recipe on the list.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- 1 batch Basic Shortcrust Pastry -
- For Filling:
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
- Cloves Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Milk or Cream - 1 cup
- Pumpkin Puree - 1 3/4 cup
- My 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Preheat oven to 220 degree C / 425 degree F..
- Start by making the pie crust and chill it for atleast 30 mins. Now roll it between two sheets of plastic wrap and line a pie plate, slice of the excess and pop this in fridge till needed.
- Mix all ingredients given for filling and pour it into the pie pan.
- Bake this for 15 mins, then reduce the temparature to 180 degree C / 350 degree C and bake for 40 to 45 mins.
- Remove it and set aside for 30 mins to cool down.
- Now pop it in fridge for a good 2 hours before slicing.
- Slice and serve.
|This is your basic pie crust. FOLLOW THIS RECIPE|
|take the dough out and place it between two sheets
of plastic wrap
|roll it out between the plastic sheet, this helps
in easy rolling
|place the tart pan over it, the rolled pastry should be
bigger than the tart pan
|Remove the top layer of plastic wrap, and invert the
pastry over the tart, using the help of cling wrap
|dont strech the pastry..just line the tart pan slowly..|
|once it is line..|
|remove the plastic wrap..|
|cut off the excess pastry|
now this is one beautifully lined pie plate. pop this in fridge
for few hours
|take ingredients for filling|
|Take two eggs in a bowl|
|add pumpkin puree|
|add spices and salt|
|add milk or cream|
|take pie plate from fridge|
|pour the filling in|
|bake till done|
|remove from oven and let it cool|
|chill for few hours|
|Slice and serve|