Easy Gulab Jamun Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious gulab jamun recipe which is so yummy and is really easy to make. It needs simple ingredients and taste so good. Perfect for parties.
Yay. It is jamun time again. I can never stop making jamuns, they are like super cute and super tasty ones for any occasions. Fried milk balls soaked in a cardamom scented syrup is the ellaborate description for jamuns.
Now this is a no fuss jamun recipe which is made easily with milk powder. It is so easy to make and taste just divine. You just need a handful of ingredients to make this jamun. I made this jamuns just today morning and posting it now, so see how quick it is.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
FOR GULAB JAMUNS:
- Milk Powder - 2 cups
- Unsalted Butter - 2 tbsp
- Sooji / Rava - 3 tbsp soaked in 2 tbsp milk
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Milk as needed
- Oil or Ghee for deep frying
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Cardamom - 3 crushed optional
- Take sooji in a bowl, add milk and set aside for 5 mins.
- Take milk powder in a bowl. Add butter and rub it well.
- Now add in maida, baking powder, sooji mixure and rub it into the milk powder.
- Add milk slowly and knead to a soft dough.
- Now take sugar and water in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Boil for 5 to 6 mins till the syrup reaches sticky texture. Set aside warm.
- Now add cardamom if needed.
- Divide the milk powder mix into small balls and deep fry in medium hot oil till golden.
- Set aside to get warm.
- Heat the syrup till bubbly. Pour the hot syrup over the warm gulab jamuns. Set aside for 2 to 4 hours for the jamuns to get soft.
1)Take sooji in a bowl.
2)Add little milk and set aside
3)Now it has absorbed all the milk.
4)Take milk powder in a bowl.
6)Mix into the powder
9)Add baking powder
11)Add sooji mix in
12)Rub it well
14)Make it into a dough
15)Take sugar in a pot
17)Bring it to a boil. Cook till sticky consistency. Add cardamom pods and set aside.
18)You can add few drops of lemon juice as well.
19)Take a small portion of dough
20)Roll it into a smooth ball.
21)Deep fry on medium heat
22)Keep turning gently
23)Fry till golden
25)Add hot gulab jamuns to warm syrup. Or cool the jamuns and heat the syrup, and add cooled jamuns to boiling hot syrup.
26)Leave them to soak for 3 to 4 hours.
28)Soft and melt in mouth.