Last Updated on November 20, 2020
"Jam Coconut Cake or Syrup Honey Cake is a vanilla sponge cake soaked in a coconut jammy syrup"
Jam Coconut Cake is a delicious cake which has a vanilla sponge cake which is soaked in jammy coconut sauce or syrup.The cake is so moist and a syrupy texture which make the cake taste very juicy.
I have made another version of bakery style honey cake in this blog. This one has a addition of jam added in it.
This cake is actually very easy to make. It needs just basic ingredients but the taste is absolutely delicious. The cake has a coconut topping which adds so much aroma to the cake. Also the jammy layer adds a tangy layer to it.
This cake stays good for over a week in fridge.
What is Jam Coconut Syrup Cake?
Vanilla Sponge Cake which is baked to perfection. A jammy coconut syrup is poured over it. The cake is chilled for few hours. Sliced and served.
You will love my Honey Chocolate Glazed Cake.
How to Make Jam Coconut Cake / Honey Cake:
- Make a vanilla sponge cake batter.
- Bake it in a square pan.
- Make a jammy syrup using fruit jam, sugar and water.
- Add in some desiccated coconut.
- Pour this over the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake for few hours.
- Slice and serve.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Jam Coconut Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 cup / 120 grams
- Sugar – ½ cup / 100 grams
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Soft Unsalted Butter – 100 grams
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – ½ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Sugar - ¼ cup
- Jam - ½ cup
- Dessicated Coconut – ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix well till creamy.
- Add in one egg at a time and beat well.
- Add in baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Add in flour and fold gently.
- Spoon this into a parchment lined square baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 mins.
- Remove and set aside.
- Take jam, water, sugar in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Add in coconut and mix well.
- Spoon this over the cake and spread evenly.
- Chill the cake for few hours.
- Slice and serve.
2)You can use any fruit jam as you like, i go for the typical mixed fruit jam.
3)Chill the cake for few hours before serving.
4)This cake can be stored for over a week in fridge.
1)Take butter in a bowl
2)Add in sugar
3)Add in vanilla
5)Add in egg
6)Mix well. Add another egg and mix well.
8)Add in baking powder
9)Add a pinch of salt
11)fold and add little milk at a time.
13)Spoon this into a parchment lined baking pan
14)Bake till done
15)Now make syrup. Take jam in a sauce pan
18)Heat this up
19)Now it is syrupy.
20)Add dessicated coconut.
22)Refrigerate for few hours. Slice and serve