Mixed Dal & Rice Porridge Mix for Babies with step wise pictures.
Mixed dal and rice porridge mix for babies which is very heatlhy for them. This is great porridge for weight gain, you can feed babies this for lunch.
This healthy dal rice porridge mix is a great way to feed babies dal and rice. This protein rich health powder is a
You can start this powder for babies above 8 months.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
For making sweet porridge, add some jaggery syrup to it. But mahima is not a fan of sweet stuffs, so i use salt and ghee.
Mixed Dal & Rice Porridge Mix for Babies
FOR HEALTH MIX POWDER:
- Rice - 1.5 cup
- Masoor Dal - ¼ cup
- Moong Dal - ¼ cup
- Green Gram - ¼ cup
- Roasted Gram Dal - ¼ cup
- Toor Dal - ¼ cup
- Health Mix powder - 3 tblsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Cumin Powder - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Garlic - 1 clove grated
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take all dals in a sieve and wash well. dry completely.
- Take rice in a sieve and wash well. Dry completely.
- Take dals in a pan and rice in another pan and roast on medium heat till roasted.
- Remove to a bowl and cool compleltey.
- Powder fine. Store in a air tight container.
- For making porridge. Take powder in a sauce pan, add water, garlic, cumin powder, asafoetida and cook on low heat for 5 to 7 mins till done.
- Now remove to a bowl, add salt and ghee and mix well.
Check this quick video
1)Take all your lentils and rice
2)Take all dals in a sieve and rinse well and drain them completely. you can dry them in the sun for few hours if you want.
3)Wash the rice and drain them completely. you can dry them in the sun for few hours if you want.
4)Take dals in a dry pan.
5)Roast them on medium heat for 10 mins till it is nicely roasted
6)Keep mixing and keep roasting
7)Now it is golden.
8)Take rice in a pan.
9)Roast till puffed
10)Rice will start puffing
11)Now it is all roasted
12)Take it in a bowl.
13)Add roasted gram dal to it.
14)Let it cool down.
15)Take the mix in a blender
18)When making porridge. Take dal powder in a saucepan.
19)Add some cumin powder
20)Add in asafoeitda
22)Add grated garlic
23)Cook on low heat
24)Cook till thick. It will take around 5 to 6 mins
26) Add some ghee