Oats chilla is a delicious and healthy breakfast option when you are in diet or trying to eat healthy. It is made with only oats and it taste really yummy like my instant rice idli recipe. Oats cheela or dosa can be served with tomato basil chutney or onion turmeric chutney.
Oats Chilla | Oatmeal Cheela Recipe
Chilla is a delicious and healthy breakfast option and is super easy to make. It is very low in calorie and high in fiber.
You can make a batch of oat flour and keep on hand. You can check this post for oat flour recipe
It is very easy to make. Dry roast some oats for 2 to 3 mins and process it in a food processor or blender.
How to Make Oats Chilla
- MIx together oat flour with vegetables and spices.
- Add water and yogurt to form a thick dosa batter like consistency.
- Make small pancakes like chilla.
- Cook on both sides.
- Serve with any chutney of your choice.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Oats Cheela | Oats Chilla
- Oats Flour - 1 cup Recipe here
- Curd / Yogurt - ¼ cup
- Water as needed
- Carrot - ¼ cup grated
- Onion - 1 small chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Green Chilli - 1 chopped finely
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil for making dosa
- Mix all the ingredients except oil to a smooth batter. Make the batter little thick.
- Heat a dosa pan, spread dosa, drizzle oil around the sides and let it cook till golden.
- Flip over and cook.
- Serve with chutney.
2)add in onions and carrots
3) add finely chopped ginger
6)you can add little yogurt / curd
8)pour water and make thick batter
9)The batter has to be thick
10)heat a tawa, spread dosa
11)drizzle with oil
12)flip over and cook
I have tried it today and came out really well.thank you for sharing the recipe..I really appreciate your work.