“Instant Rice Idli with Raw Tomato Chutney can be made on quick weeknight in under 30 mins”
Instant Idli is made using urad dal flour, rice flour and poha which is then formed into a batter. The batter gets it fluffyiness from eno fruit salt.
How to Make Instant Rice Idlies:
- Take all ingredients in a blender, powder it.
- Mix water to form a thick batter.
- Add in lemon juice and eno salt and mix well.
- Pour it into moulds and steam
How to Store Instant Idlies:
You can powder the dry ingredients together in a blender and store in a air tight container. When needed you can take the required amount of powder in a bowl, mix water and make idlies.
THESE INSTANT RICE IDLIES ARE
- no soaking and grinding
- no fermentation required
- Easy to make
- Needs just minimum ingredients
- can be made in a instant
- Rice Flour - 1 cup
- Poha / aval - ¼ cup
- Urad dal flour - ½ cup
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Lemon - ½ lemon
- Eno fruit salt - 1.5 tsp
- Fenugreek powder / vendaya podi - ¼ tsp
- Tomato - 2
- Tamarind - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 5 to 6 cloves
- Dry Red chillies - 4 to 5
- Kashmiri red chillies - 3 to 4
- Jaggery - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Gingelly oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli - 1
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Take poha, urad dal powder, rice flour, fenugreek powder and salt in a blender and powder fine.
- Now take it in a bowl.
- Add water little by little and make it into a thick batter.
- Add in lemon juice, eno fruit salt and mix well.
- Grease idli moulds. Spoon the batter into the moulds and place in idli steamer. Steam for 8 to 10 mins.
- Remove from the moulds and serve.
- For chutney. Take all ingredients in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take it in a bowl. Make seasoning by heating oil and frying all ingredients.
- Pour the seasoning in to the chutney and mix.
2)Using eno fruit salt is important. Don't skip it.
3)You could grind the powder in advance and store in a container and use as needed.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
1)Take poha in a blender
2)Add rice flour
3)Add urad dal flour
4)Add in fenugreek powder
6)Take it in a bowl
7)Add water little by little and make it into a smooth batter
9)Add lemon juice
10)Add in eno fruit salt
12)The batter will get light and foamy
13)Take idli plates and grease it lightly with oil
14)Greasing will ensure idlies comes out of the mould.
15)Pour idli batter into the moulds
16)Stack the plates
17)Place in steamer and steam
19)Now lets make chutney. Take garlic in a blender
20)Add in tomatoes
21)Add in dry red chillies
22)Add in some jaggery
24)Puree till smooth
25)Spoon it into a bowl
26)Make seasoning by heating oil, add all ingredients and let it sizzle.
27)Pour seasoning in and mix