Ragda Patties Recipe is a popular street food in mumbai with step by step pictures. Delicious Ragda pattice is a fried aloo patties soaked in a ragda curry topped with onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
Ok here I am with the famous street food recipe..I have had it many times and I have made it twice at home. This is one of my favourite dish to enjoy, because it is healthy and makes you full for a long time. Yes it is a complete meal all by itself..You can either have it for lunch or dinner, anyway it is perfect.
About Ragda Patties Recipe
This ragda is perfect to have with Roti or Phulkas as well..But you could go one step further and transform this wonderful dish to Ragda Pattice..For making ragda pattice you will need some chutneys which you usually have with chats..I have all the recipes of the chutney in my blog..I have Green Chutney , Tamarind Chutney and Dry Garlic Chutney..And you will need Aloo Tikki for serving along with this..You can check the recipe here.
Traditionally they use dried yellow peas which is called as vatana for this recipe. But I used dried green peas, since I couldn’t get my hands on that. Still it turned out great. You can use any of these to make this. So go ahead and try this soon, because it was delicious.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Ragda Patties Recipe | Ragda Pattice Recipe
- Dried Green Peas / Dry Pattani or Dried Yellow Peas / Vatana – 2 cups I used Green
- Onion – 1 chopped finely
- Tomatoes – 3 chopped finely
- Green Chilli – 1 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tblspn
- Chilli Powder – 1tsp
- Coriander Powder / Malli Podi -1 tblspn
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - ½ tsp + ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder / Jeera powder -1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 2 tsp
- Chat Masala powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera – 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 2 tblspn
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro – 3 tblspn
- For Serving Ragda Pattice:
- Aloo Tikki - as needed Click Here for Recipe
- Chat Tamarind Chutney - as needed Click Here for Recipe
- Chat Green Chutney – as needed Click Here for Recipe
- Onions for Garnishing
- Tomatoes for Garnishing
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro for Garnishing
- Soak dried peas or dried vatana over night or upto 8 hours..Drain it and add it to pressure cooker. Add some salt and ½ tsp of turmeric powder and pressure cook it for 3 whistles and simmer for 10 mins. Then Switch off the flame and let the steam go all by itself. Now open the pressure cooker and set that aside.
- Now for the masala. Heat oil add cumin, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and mix well.
- Add in onions and sprinkle some salt so that the onions cook faster. Cook it till golden brown.
- Now add chilli, coriander, chat masala, cumin, garam masala , turmeric powders and mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and cook untill it gets mushy. It will take around 5 mins.
- Now add in the cooked peas along with the water and mix well. Add some water if needed.
- Let it simmer for 10 mins untill all the flavours mingle together.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with roti or make some ragda pattice.
- To make Ragda Pattice:
- Take a shallow plate and add aloo tikki over it . You can add as per you requirement.
- Now drizzle the prepared ragda all over the sides. You can add as per you requirement.
- Now top with chat tamarind chutney, green chutney, onions, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve hot..
Ragda Patties Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Start by cooking the peas..Wash it well and soak it over night|
|Drain it and add to a pressure cooker|
|cover with water|
|add salt & turmeric to that|
|cover and cook|
|Now this is ready for the gravy|
|Ingredients you need for gravy|
|ginger garlic paste|
|onions and salt|
|saute onions well|
|cook till golden|
|add chilli and turmeric powder|
|now garam masala and chat masala powder|
|add coriander and cumin powder|
|add in tomatoes|
|and mix well|
|cook till mushy|
|add in the peas|
|and mix well..simmer for a while|
|garnish with cilantro..Ragda DONE...|
|Now for making ragda pattice|
|You need some chopped onions, tomatoes and cilantro|
|place two tikki in a bowl|
|pour over ragda|
|drizzle tamarind and green chutney|
|top some onions|
|and coriander leaves|