Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Rava Poorna Kozhukattai Recipe - Sooji Modak Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super easy and delicious rava modak kozhukattai. It taste so yummy and it is pretty easy to make. Perfect for ganesh chaturthi.
I have already shared spicy rava kozhukattai and sweet version too. I used the same sweet rava kozhukattai filling to make modak. Finally i made it for this ganesh chaturthi and it was so yummy. The kolukattai was soft and sweet. So delicious. But i missed to share it on ganesh chaturthi, so i am sharing it now.
Therali Pidi Kozhukattai
Sweet Poha Kozhukattai
Sweet Ammini Kozhukattai
and Many More..
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Rava Poorna Kozhukattai Recipe - Sooji Modak Recipe
- Rice Flour / Store Bought Arisi Mavu - 2 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Hot Boiling Water as needed
- Gingelly Oil - 2 tsp
- Sooji / Rava - 1 cup
- Jaggery - ¾ cup
- Water - 2 cup
- Coconut - ½ cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- First lets make the filling. Take jaggery and water in a sauce pan and heat till jaggery is melted. Strain and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, roast sooji and set aside.
- Take jaggery water and coconut in a pan and bring it to a boil. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add in sooji and keep mixing.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well. Cook till thickens.
- Set aside to cool.
- Lets makes the dough. Take water in a sauce pan, add in salt and 1 tsp of oil. Once the water reaches a boil add in rice flour and mix well. It will become like a sticky dough.
- Now remove this to a bowl and let it cool for 15 mins. Once it is cooled, add in 1 tsp of oil and make it into a soft dough. Cover and set aside.
- Take small portion of dough and flatten it. Place the filling in and cover it. Shape like a modak.
- you can make it as small balls. Take a small portion of dough and flatten it thinly. Place a small ball of filling in it and cover it. Roll it between your hands to Smoothen it.
- Now place this in a steamer and steam it for 8 to 10 mins.
- Let it cool for 5 mins before removing and serve.
2)add in a touch of salt
3)Add some oil
4)Bring it to a boil
5)Take it of heat and add in rice flour
7)Remove this to a bowl and allow it to cool down
8)add a tsp of oil
9)make it into a soft dough
1)Take coconut in a blender and pulse it few times..
7)Add in sooji
8)Roast till golden. Remove it to a bowl and set aside
9)Take jaggery water in the pan
10)Add in coconut
12)Bring it to a boil.
13)Add in sooji
15)Cook till the mix gets thickened
16)Now it is thick.
17)Add in some cardamom powder
19)Remove it to a bowl
20)Take the dough
21)Flatten it lightly.
22)Spoon in the filling.
24)Place it in a lightly greased idli plate or any steamer plate.
25)Steam for 10 mins
27)This is how our ganesh chaturthi platter looked like.