Spread the Joy!
The above image is a updated image.
Chilli Paratha Recipe – Chilli Parota Recipe with step wise pictures.
Chilli Paratha Recipe – Chilli Parota Recipe with step wise pictures.Super spicy and delicious chilli parota. Taste heavenly with some onion raita.
In Nagercoil there is a Hotel called Arya Bhavan,it is a Vegetarian Hotel. And they serve a Wonderful Chilli Paratha.I always order that dish when I go to that Hotel.I have tried to make that dish a couple of times but it didn workout well,but Later I found the Secret of that recipe through a show that I watched in TV.The Thing is,they deep fry the paratha dipped in a batter of maida and other spices.When I made this first time,I was amazed,it tasted like that Arya Bhavan Chilli Paratha.So please try it and please leave comments.
Super spicy and delicious chilli parota. Taste heavenly with some onion raita
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 4 servings
- Paratha-5 chopped into squares
- Onion-1 chopped
- Tomato-1 small chopped
- Capsicum-1 chopped
- Green Chilli-2
- Ginger Garlic paste-1 tblspn
- Tomato Sauce-1 tblspn
- Kashmiri red chilli powder-2tblspn
- Garam Masala powder-1 tblspn
- Saunf(sombu or perum cherakam-1 tsp
- Oil-1 tblspn +for deep frying
- Onion-2 large chopped
- Tomato-3 Chopped
- Saunf(sombu or perum cherakam)-1 tblspn
- Cinnamon-2 pieces
- Poppy Seeds(kasa kasa)-3 tblspn
- Redchilli powder-1 tsp
- Tumeric powder- ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Maida-1 cup
- Red chilli powder-1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for Garnishing
- Spring Onion for Garnishing
- Make a batter of the above ingredients with some water.Dip the chopped paratha in the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
- In a kadai,add 1 tblspn of oil and crackle some saunf and cinnamon.Add in the Onion and Tomatoes and cook till translucent,Add in the redchilli powder,Tumeric powder and salt and cook for 1 min.Let it cool down and grind it into a smooth paste with some poppy seeds.
- In a large kadai add oil and sprinkle some saunf ,later add in some Onions,Capsicum,Ginger Garlic paste and fry for 30 sec.
- Add in the Tomatoes,Redchilli and Garam masala powder and cook for 2 min.
- Add in the Masala along with some Tomato sauce and throw in the green chilli and combine well.
- Season the whole thing with some salt.Now add in the fried Paratha and mix every thing together and let it cook for 1 min.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and Spring onion,Serve hot with a Squeeze of a little Lemon Juice.
|Mix ingrediants given for batter with water…Dip the chopped paratha pieces in this and fry till golden|
|Crackle fennel and cinnamon in oil…Add in onions and tomatoes and mix well…|
|Add some poppy seeds to the mixture and make it into a paste|
|Now in a kadai crackle some fennel seeds….|
|Add in onions and capsicum to this…|
|Add some ginger garlic paste|
|Add in tomatoes|
|and your spice powders|
|Pour in the blended paste|
|and a touch of Tomato Ketchup(This is the secret ingrediant)…|
|add in the fried paratha…|