Vegetable Momos Recipe – Vegetable Dim Sum Recipe with Step wise pictures.
Super delicious and my all time favourite momos recipes. Serve it hot with some spicy chilli chutney and you are in heaven. Taste amazing that you have to try it for sure.
Momos is my all time favorite, i make it quite often. Hubby enjoys it more than me. Along with the tomato chilli chutney this momos taste amazing. It has lots of veggies added in them which makes it more tasty and healthy.
I know i am going to get this question, Can i use wheat flour instead of maida for the dough, the Answer is ” YES, You can”.
Alda Tri Ply Stainless Steel Casserole Pan review, This pan looks very elegant and sleek. The pan is 2.5MM thick and has 3 layers, inside and outside stainless Steel and Aluminum in between so that the heat distribution is even and there is no hotspots. It is suitable for all indian cooking. This pan has a steamer attachment which comes handy for steaming. It has a cool touch handle, so your pan wont get hot when cooking.
5 years warranty
Inner surface made of safe and hygienic food grade SS 304 stainless steel
Outer Surface made of Magnetic SS 430 stainless steel
Highly Heat Conductive virgin Aluminum core provides fast and even cooking
2.5 mm thickness prevents food burning and hot spots
Strong stainless steel Die Cast handles riveted with food grade SS 304 Stainless steel rivets
Suitable for all types of cooking including induction
Comes in Size : 20, 22,24 cms
Check out this video for the whole review and more views of this amazing Alda Tri Ply Stainless Steel Casserole Pan.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Baking Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Garlic - 6 cloves chopped
- Spring Onion White Part - 3 chopped
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped finely
- Beans - 10 chopped finely
- Capsicum - 1 chopped finely
- Cabbage - 3 cups chopped finely
- Soy Sauce - to taste
- Black Pepper Powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Spring Onion Green Part - 3 chopped finely
- Start by making dough, mix flour, baking powder, salt and water to a stiff dough, Set aside.
- Heat oil in alda casserole pan, add in garlic, chillies and spring onion white. Saute for 1 min.
- Add in carrot, cabbage, beans and capsicum. Saute them for a min.,
- Add in salt, sugar and mix well. Cook everything for 5 mins till it is cooked.
- Add in soy sauce and black pepper and mix well.
- Add in spring onions and mix well.
- Now take a small portion of dough, roll it thin, Spoon some filling in and seal the edges to shape it like a momos.
- Now arrange it in a greased steamer plate and steam for 8 to 10 mins.
- Serve with spicy chilli chutney
1)Start by making the dough. Take all purpose flour in a bowl.
2)Add in salt.
3)Add in some baking powder
5)Add water slowly
7)Knead to a dough. Set the dough aside
8)Now make the filling, Heat little oil in Alda Tri Ply Stainless steel casserole pan. Add in spring onion white, garlic and green chillies.
9)Add in carrots
10)Add in beans
11)Add in capsicum
12)Add in chopped cabbage
13)Mix it well
14)Saute this whole thing for 5 to 8 mins. Add in salt.
15)Add some sugar
17)Cook everything till the veggies are cooked
18)Add in soy sauce
19)Add in black pepper powder
20) Add spring onion greens
21)Mix well. Filling done.
22)Take small portion of dough.
23)Roll it thin
24)Spoon some filling in
25)Take some water, wet your fingers
26)Apply around the edges
27)Seal the momos
29)Take water in the base of a casserole pan
30)Grease the Alda steamer with little oil
31)Place it over the casserole pan
32)Arrange the momos in
33)Cover and steam for 6 to 10 mins till the outer part is shiny.
25)Place it up.
26)Serve with red chutney
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.