Rice Flour Upma Recipe – Arisi Maavu Upma Recipe with step wise pictures.
Rice flour upma or arisi mavu upma is not only easy to make but taste amazing. This upma is one of the healthy option and taste simply delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Rice Flour - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add seasoning ingredients and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions and chillies. Saute for 1 to 2 min.
- Add in water and salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Now add in rice flour all at once. Dont stir.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook on low heat for 2 mins.
- Now open the lid and mix well. It will form into small clumbs and will be crumbly.
- Now cover again and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 mins.
- Mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal
2)Add in dry red chillies
3)Add in asafoetida
4)Add curry leaves
5)Add onions, chillies
6)Saute them for a min
9)Add rice flour all at once. Dont stir
10)Cover it immediately
11)Cook on a low heat for 2 to 3 mins
12)Now the flour is half cooked
13)Mix well. The upma will get crumbly
14)Cover again and lower the heat. Cook for another 5 to 7 mins