“Basque Cheesecake or Burnt Cheesecake Recipe is all over the internet. This addictive trending cheesecake is super easy to make. It is a crustless cheesecake that is cooked at very high heat. This results in its rustic appearance with cracked edges and an almost burnt surface.”
Last night i was craving for some cheesecake. I thought of making my no bake cheesecake. But I realised the trending recipe circulating all over the internet. Basque Cheesecake or Burnt Cheesecake. So decided to give it a try.
I just had 2 pack of cream cheese. So i decided to scale down the recipe to make a smaller cheesecake. I used one cream cheese packet and tried it in a much smaller cake pan. It took me 1 hour to make this cheesecake from start to finish. The cake cheesecake itself is super creamy and so freaking amazing.
LOVE THIS RECIPE, THEN CHECK THESE TOO,
I got this cheesecake perfect in my second attempt. In my first batch i used 2 eggs and over whipped the cheesecake batter. Also i poured it in muffin pan to bake which resulted in very shallow cheesecake. On my second attempt i used my smaller cake pan and it was just perfect.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR PERFECT BASQUE BURNT CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Use cream cheese at room temperature so it gets creamy and you don’t get a lumpy cheesecake.
- Don’t over whip once you add eggs.
- Once cream is added, don’t over mix else it may curdle.
- Bake the cheesecake at higher temperature so it gets nice charred colour on top.
- Let the cheesecake cool for 2 hours at least before slicing so it will set perfectly.
What is Basque Cheesecake?
What is Basque Burnt Cheesecake? The cheesecake originated from Spain. It is a crustless cheesecake that is cooked at very high heat. This results in its rustic appearance with cracked edges and an almost burnt surface.
Why is it called as Basque?
This burnt basque cheesecake originates in Basque Country (hence the name). It’s a crustless cheesecake that’s starting to become a trend in the US.
What does Basque burnt cheesecake taste like?
Basque cheesecake taste like caramelized cheesecake. The cheesecake is vanilla flavour and it taste like a caramel and toffee mixed in cheesecake.
This HONEY CHEESECAKE is Addictive!
HOW TO MAKE BURNT CHEESECAKE
- Cream Cheese: use cream cheese at room temp which is very very important. Remove cream cheese from fridge atleast two hours before making this. For instant softening of the cream cheese i microwave them for 10 to 20 seconds in microwave.
- Creaming Technique: cream the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- Never Over Beat: once you add eggs and cream don’t over beat. If you over beat eggs, the cheesecake may rise a lot but it will fall after it bakes. Don’t over beat once cream is added else it may curdle.
- Too Much Flour: never add too much flour, add just a little. if you add too much flour, the cheesecake may get spongy and lose its texture.
- Baking Temp: bake cheesecake at high temp for the caramel texture.
- Cooling time: rest the cake at least 2 hours before slicing.
- 226 gram Cream Cheese (room temp) (1 pack of philadelphia cream cheese)
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1 large Egg
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 220 degree C. Line a 4 to 5 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Crush the paper with your hands and then line the pan roughly. This is important step.
- Take cream cheese in a bowl. Make sure the cream cheese is in room temp.
- Use a hand beater and beat this till creamy.
- Add in sugar, vanilla and keep mixing
- Add in egg and mix well
- Add in cream and mix until just combined
- Now sieve in 1 tbsp flour, salt and fold gently.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan and bake for 50 to 55 mins
- Remove and cool it for 30 mins at room temperature. Now pop the cake in fridge and let it chill.
- Slice and serve.
- Mix cream cheese with sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- Once you add the eggs don't over beat.
- Make sure you line the pan with parchment paper so some parchment over hangs the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake at higher temperature so it gets charred and caramelized on top.
- Remove the cake from oven and leave to cool at room temp for at least 2 hours before slicing.
- You could add an extra yolk for fudgier cheesecake.
- Don't add too much flour else the cheesecake will be spongy.
- You can serve this cheesecake at room temperature. Serving cheesecake at room temperature will give creamy custardy cheesecake.
- Cheesecake can be popped into the fridge for few hours. Serving this cheesecake cold will give you a little dense and creamy cheesecake.
VARIATIONSAdd orange zest, lemon zest or little lemon juice for extra flavour.
STORAGEStore the cheesecake in fridge for 4 to 5 days.
Check out my DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM TOO
1)Take cream cheese in a bowl. Use room temperature cream cheese.
2)Keep blending it using a electric beater till smooth and fluffy.
3)Now it is light and fluffy.
4)Add in sugar
5)Keep adding slowly and keep beating.
6)Add in vanilla extract
7)Mix well till creamy
8)Add in egg
9)Mix well. Dont over beat the eggs
10)Now add in 1/2 cup cream
11)Add a pinch of salt
12)sift in all purpose flour
13)Sieve it in, so there is no lumps
14)Take a cake pan. for this amount of batter i used 4 inch cake pan.
15)Line it with parchment paper, so some of the paper over hangs the pan.
16)Now the batter is thick and smooth
17)Spoon the batter in
18)Bake till cooked. It will look puffy as soon as you remove it from oven, but as the cheesecake cools it will deflate a little. That is perfectly normal. leave the cake to cool for 2 hours at room temp before slicing.
19)You can pop this in fridge and serve this cold too.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.