Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Breakfast Egg Roast Recipe - Mutta Roast with Onions with step wise pictures.
Super delicious egg roast which has only onions in them. This egg roast is so tasty with appam, dosa, idiyappam, parota or rice.
During our trip to allepey we stopped by a hotel for breakfast. I have parota and egg roast. The egg roast was so delicious. It was little sweet in taste and has no tangy taste from tomatoes. I asked the chef for the recipe, he mentioned that the recipe doesn't have any tomatoes, it is just lots of onions which is cooked till it is soft and sweet. As soon as i returned i made it and served with paalada. It was so delicious. So thought of sharing it here. This goes great with appam, paalapam, paalada, neer dosa, parota, dosa even rice too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Egg Roast Recipe
- Eggs - 4 boiled
- Coconut Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onions - 4 large sliced thinly
- Curry leaves a handful
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions, chillies and curry leaves. Mix well.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Now cover and cook on a low heat till onions are transparent.
- Now cook on a low heat till the onions are caramelized. It will take around 15 to 20 mins.
- Once the onions are well cooked. Add in turmeric powder, garam masala and chilli powder.
- Cook for few more mins.
- Add little water and mix well. Cook till the water evaporates and onions form into a masala like.
- Now add in boiled egg and mix gently.
- Take it off the heat.
1)Boil some eggs
2)Heat coconut oil in a pot
3)Add sliced onions and green chillies
4)Saute them for a min.
6)Add in a handful of curry leaves
7)Saute them well.
8)Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat.
9)Cook till onions are wilted.
10)Now the onions are nicely golden brown.
11)Add in turmeric powder
12)Add in kashmiri chilli powder and garam masala powder.
13)Saute for a min.
14)Add in little water
15)Cook till the masala thickens
16)Now cook till the masala gets dark and thick.
17)Now add in halved egg
18)Mix very gently. Turn off the heat.