Christmas Shortbread Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Shortbread cookies are such an easy recipe to make and enjoy with your family.
I love making shortbread cookies because they are so versatile and they hardly take few minutes to cook and bake. You will love it.
This can be baked into any shapes and decorated as per your kids wish. Since it is christmas. I used christmas sprinkles to decorate my cookies.
This particular recipe has just three ingredients. but i added vanilla for flavour. You can skip vanilla if you want to or even add some almond extract. I dipped my cookies in chocolate after it is baked, but you can skip it too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Soft Unsalted Butter - 100 grams
- Powdered sugar - 1/3 cup
- Vanilla - 1 tsp
- All Purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Dark Chocolate Chips as needed
- Sprinkles as needed
- Take butter, sugar and vanlla in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in flour and knead it into dough.
- Wrap it in plastic and chill for 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 180 Degree C.
- Unwrap and place a parchment paper on top and bottom of the dough. Roll it.
- Cut shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place it on a baking sheet and place in fridge for 10 mins.
- bake for 15 mins.
- Now Remove and cool completely.
- Melt some chocolate and coat the cookies in chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.
1)Take butter in a bowl
2)Add in powdered sugar
3)Add in vanilla
5)Add in flour
6)Knead to a soft dough
7)Wrap the dough
8)Chill for 30 mins to 1 hour
9)Dust the dough with flour
10)Place a parchment paper on top and roll
11)Cut using cookie cutters
14)Place on a baking sheet and chill for 10 mins in fridge
15)Pop into the oven and bake
16)Take chocolate chips in a sauce pan
17)melt it gently
19) Once cookies are cooled. Coat in chocolatee
20)Decorate as per wish
21)Let it set
Check out other recipes to