Ginger Chicken Recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious spicy ginger chicken made with onions, chicken and garlic tossed into chicken with some sauces makes it finger licking good.
I love the flavour of ginger in my chicken dish, i have already shared a ginger pepper chicken recipe in my blog which i love so much. It is so easy to make but taste so yum..I make ginger chicken little different too, it is made by frying chicken separately and tossing it in a ginger flavoured sauce, it taste good too, goes really well with noodles and fried rice.. But i always wanted to post a spicy yet complete ginger flavoured chicken dish. Thats when i came across this post from ria's blog and totally loved it.
About Ginger Chicken Recipe
Ginger Chicken is a traditional Chinese dish made with fresh ginger, garlic, and scallions that is cooked down into a sticky brown sauce that goes great with rice or noodles.
A flavorful main course is ginger chicken. Fresh, minced ginger is commonly used to add a rich, spicy flavour to chicken, vegetables, and other ingredients. When ginger is cooked, it emits a very fragrant aroma. The exact ingredients and method of cooking for ginger chicken recipes vary greatly.
Ginger is a great appetite stimulant, anti-oxidant, and stress reliever for chickens perfect for when the pressures of being a hen get too much! Ginger works wonders for our feathered friends; circulatory systems, stimulating blood flow, so including it in their winter diet is essential.
I made it the coming week itself and it turned out to be super good. I planned to get some boneless chicken and try this out, but unfortunately i couldn't get my hands on them. So i used fresh bonein chicken, still it tasted good.
What are the benefits of cooking with ginger?
Ginger is high in antioxidants, which protect your bodys DNA from stress and damage. They may help your body fight chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and lung diseases, as well as promote healthy ageing.
Ingredients for Ginger Chicken Recipe
Fresh ginger has a slightly peppery and sweet flavour, as well as a pungent and spicy aroma. Fresh ginger, like garlic, softens with cooking. Its a common flavouring in Asian dishes. Salad dressings, baked goods, soups, curries, meats, and desserts like
gingerbread and gingersnaps are all flavoured with ground ginger.
Onions are considered a basic ingredient or the foundation of Indian cooking and are used to make any gravy, curry, or bhuna dish. The flavour and aroma of onion transforms any ordinary dish into a mouthwatering and delectable one.
Garlic has a distinct, pungent flavour that, when raw, borders on spicy and, when cooked, borders on nutty. Sulfur compounds, such as diallyl disulfide, contribute to the mustard-like flavour profile. It loses its acrid raw flavour when dried and crushed into garlic powder, making it ideal for seasoning dishes.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Ginger Chicken | Ginger Chicken Recipe | How to Make Ginger Chicken Recipe
- 500 grams Chicken Use boneless if you can
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Pepper Powder
- 2 Green Chilli chopped roughly
- 4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Salt to taste
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- For Grinding:
- 2 large Onion peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Ginger peeled and chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic peeled
- Take chicken in a bowl, add in salt, soy sauce, vinegar and mix well. Leave it to marinate for 30 mins.
- Now take onion, ginger, garlic in a blender and make it into a fine puree.
- Heat oil in a wok, add in the chicken and cook on high heat till the chicken is well coloured. Remove it to a plate and set aside.
- Now in the same oil, add more oil if needed. Add in the ground masala and mix well. Scrape the pan to remove any brown bits.
- Cook this paste till oil separates from it.
- Now add in chilli powder, pepper powder, salt, ketchup and green chilli. Mix well. Add in a dash of water and mix well.
- Add in the browned chicken and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 25 to 30 mins or till the chicken is cooked.
- Now turn off the heat and add in coriander leaves.
Ginger Chicken Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take your ingredients|