“Ginger & Treacle Spiced Tray Bake Recipe is moist and spiced cake which has a perfect texture. The cake itself is very soft from the addition of treacle. The perfect cake to be baked for any festive occasions like christmas, thanksgiving, halloween.”
Mary Berry’s Ginger & Treacle Spiced Tray Bake Recipe with step wise pictures.
This cake is so delicious. The cake itself is so moist and mildly spiced with candied ginger. If you have you can use stem ginger too.
This is from mary berry cookbook. I am hooked to the recipe book “mary berry 100 sweet treats and puds”. All the recipes are awesome and i am trying each and everyone here. This recipe is one from that and it is so easy to make. It taste delicious too. Specially adults will love it.
I have already made quite a few of mary berry recipes,
How to Make Incredibly Moist Spiced Cake
- take butter, brown sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- add in treacle and mix well. You can use homemade treacle for better flavour.
- now add in egg and fold.
- add in baking powder, salt, spice powders and mix well.
- add in flour and milk and fold.
- finally add in candied chopped ginger and fold gently.
- spoon it into prepared pan and bake.
- if you fancy some icing, then make some by mixing icing sugar and milk.
- pour icing over cake and sprinkle with some chopped candied ginger.
HOW TO MAKE PERFCT GINGERBREAD CAKE:
1)Never ever over mix the batter. Fold the batter gently. Over mixing will make it dense.
2)Glaze is optional. You can skip if you want to.
3)I used homemade treacle in this recipe. Here is the recipe for Homemade Treacle
4)Use softened butter for even mixing.
5)Use finely chopped candied ginger so the ginger evenly distributes.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
SIMILAR TREACLE CAKE RECIPES
Check out similar cake recipes,
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter 115 grams
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar 100 grams
- 1/2 cup Black Treacle 113 grams
- 11/4 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida 150 grams
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp Clove powder
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tblsp Milk
- a pinch Salt
- 2 tblsp Candied Ginger chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tblsp Milk
- 2 tblsp Candied Ginger chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take butter, sugar, treacle in a bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add in baking powder, salt, spices and mix well.
- Add in milk and mix well.
- Add in flour and fold gently.
- Add candied ginger and mix gently.
- Spoon it into the baking pan and bake for 25 to 35 mins. Remove and cool completely.
- Mix icing sugar with milk or water and pour this over the cooled cake.
- Top with chopped ginger.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take butter in a bowl. I used unsalted softened butter. Soft butter adds nice flavour to the cake.
2)Add in brown sugar. Brown sugar adds nice caramel flavour to the cake.
3)I used my homemade treacle, it adds nice caramel flavour to the cake. Recipe here
4)Mix this well till it is creamy.
5)Add in egg. Try and use room temp eggs for even blending and baking.
6)Mix the egg into the cake. The mixture will look curdled but it is not a issue.
7)Add in spice powders and salt
8)Add in baking powder
9)Add milk. Use room temp whole milk. You could use almond milk or soy milk too.
10)Mix well. At this point the mixture may look curdled. But it is not a issue.
11)Add in all purpose flour / maida.
13)Add candied ginger. If you have stem ginger use that
14)Pour in baking pan
15)Bake for 25 to 35 mins
16)Remove and cool completely
17)Make the glaze. Take icing sugar in a bowl
18)Add milk. If you are using stem ginger, use the syrup.
20)Pour this over the cake.
21)Top with more ginger
22)Slice and serve
23)This particular cake is super moist and yummy.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.