"Grand Punjabi Thali includes different authentic punjabi curries, salads served with simple pulao and roti. The meal is finished with a sweet and a sweet lassi."
I Made a Grand Punjabi Vegetarian Thali with 12 Dishes
I made this punjabi thali a few months back for my youtube channel. Thought of sharing the same in my blog too. Since many of you will be interested. This thali took me around 3 to 4 hours to prepare. Since I was shooting video it took me little extra time. But it is completely worth the work.
I made pulao, plain basmati rice, missi roti as main course.
For the side, I made
- Aloo tamatar sabzi
- Kadi pakora
- Daal makhani
- Mixed veg sabzi
- Palak Paneer
- Pomegranate raita
- Sweet I made, Wheat Halwa or Kada Prasad
- Drink I made Sweet Lassi
- Accompaniments I served with pickle and papad.
I am sharing all the links for the written recipe and the video for the recipe.
1)Vegetable Pulao - Written Recipe & Video Link
Vegetable pulao is made using mixed vegetables and few spices. The pulao is very mild and pairs great with all those curries.
2)Plain Basmati Rice & Pickle
- Basmati rice is cooked in a pot with 1:2 rice to water ratio.
- I usually wash the rice really well and soak for 15 minutes.
- Take the drained rice in a pot, cover with 2 cups of water. Add little salt. Bring it to a boil. Simmer the pot, cook on low heat for 12 to 15 mins.
- Now take it off the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now fluff up with a fork.
- Fluffy basmati rice is done.
- You could add a tsp of ghee in this too.
Check this link for Pickle Recipes
3) Aloo Tamatar Sabzi - Written Recipe & Video Link
Boiled potatoes cooked in a spicy tomato sauce. The curry can be made to any spice level as per your liking. This goes well with pulao or roti as well.
4)Kadi Pakora - Written Recipe & Video Link
Potato onion fritters soaked in a yogurt gram flour curry. This kadi pakora taste absolutely delicious with plain rice, pulao or roti too.
5)Daal Makhani - Written Recipe & Video Link
Creamy black lentil curry cooked in onion tomato masala. This curry is super nutritious and taste so good. This is a restaurant style recipe.
6)Mixed Veg Sabzi - Written Recipe & Video Link
Mixed vegetables cooked in a flavourful masala. Best way to enjoy vegetables.
7)Pomegranate Raita - Written Recipe & Video Link
Refreshing and cooling pome raita which is amazing as it is or with some rotis too.
8)Kachumber Salad - Written Recipe & Video Link
chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions tossed with some lemon juice makes a light salad.
9) Wheat Halwa or Kada Prasad - Written Recipe & Video Link
Simple sweet made using wheat flour and ghee. Takes less than 15 minutes to make.
10)Punjabi Sweet Lassi - Written Recipe & Video Link
Refreshing drink to wash down all the heavy meals. Flavoured with cardamom it is super yummy.
11) Missi Roti - Written Recipe & Video Link
Gram flour and spices are mixed into wheat flour, then rolled and cooked into flatbreads.
12)Papad Rolls - Video Link
Crunchy rolled papad which makes the presentation looks cute.
13) Palak Paneer - Written Recipe & Video Link
Soft paneer tossed in a creamy spinach curry which is a very popular recipe.