"Restaurant Style Palak Paneer with Step by Step Pictures. Recipe with Step by step pictures to get perfect restaurant style palak paneer at home. Creamy spinach curry which has soft milky pieces of paneer"
Palak paneer is a popular north indian delicacy made using palak or spinach leaves and paneer. This dish can be served with naan bread or roti as you like.
HOW TO GET SOFT PANEER
- Take a sauce pan with water and boil it. Once it starts to boil, take it off the heat.
- Add paneer pieces and set aside till needed.
- When needed, strain and paneer and add it into the curry.
- This way your paneer stays soft and moist.
- Usually store bought paneer needs this treatment.
MORE RECIPES FOR YOU,
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Palak Paneer | Palak Paneer Recipe
- 4 cups Palak / Spinach
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Piece Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cardamom Pods
- 2 large Onion chopped finely
- 2 large Tomatoes Pureed
- 2 Green Chillies chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 200 grams Paneer
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi Leaves
- Bring lots of water to a boil. Add in spinach leaves and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from water and add it to a blender. Puree till smooth.
- Heat butter in a pan, add cumin seeds, cinnamon and cardamom and let them sizzle.
- Add in finely chopped onions, green chillies and cook till golden brown.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 mins or so.
- Add tomato puree and mix well. Cook for 5 mins or so.
- Add in spice powders and cook for further few minutes.
- Add in the spinach puree and mix well.
- Simmer for 10 mins or so.
- Add in paneer and mix well.
- Now add in kasuri methi leaves and cream and mix well.
- Serve hot with naan or roti.
- Don't boil the spinach too much, else it may loose its colour.
- Use fresh paneer or store bought paneer as you like.
- If you are using store bought paneer, cut it into small pieces, soak it in warm water for 10 mins until needed.
- If you don't have cream, use milk mixed with little cornstarch for thickening.
- Once you add spinach puree, don't cover the pan when cooking. Else it may lose its colour.
Palak Paneer with Step by Step Pictures
1)Blanch spinach in boiling water
2)Take it in a blender and puree till smooth
3)Take butter in a pan
4)Add in cumin seeds
5)Add in a cinnamon stick
6)Add in finely chopped onions
7)Saute till light golden
8)Add in finely chopped green chillies
9)Add in ginger garlic paste
10)Saute till cooked.
11)Add in pureed tomatoes
12)Cook till the masala is done.
13)Add in spice powders.
14)Mix well and cook till the raw smell from the masala leaves.
15)Add in spinach puree.
16)Add in water
17)Mix well and simmer this for 10 mins.
18)Simmer and cook.
19)Add in cubed paneer pieces
21)Add in kasuri methi leaves
22)Add in fresh cream
25)Add extra cream and mix well.