“Sunnundalu , Urad Dal Flour Ladoo or Ulundu Ladoo Recipe. Traditional Sweet of Andhra Made from Urad Dal, Ghee and Jaggery in form of a Laddu. This Super Delicious laddu is a must try Recipe”
Urad dal ladoo is a Andhra delicacy made during festival occasions. It is made during diwali, holi or any occasions. Since krishna jayanthi or janmashtami is around the corner i thought of sharing this recipe so you can try this.
Urad dal is one of the healthy and nutritious grain. Rich in protein, fat and carbohydrates, urad dal is fully loaded with many health benefits. Specially girl children should consume urad dal often. Atleast weekly three to four times.
This dal is one of the richest sources of proteins and Vitamin B. Urad dal is also good for women as it has iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium which makes it a healthy pulse. Urad dal is also rich in fiber which makes it easy to digest. Some types of dals are good for the heart as well. For example, urad dal benefits the health as it is good for the heart. Consuming urad dal helps to reduce cholesterol and improves cardiovascular health.
- Improves Digestion. Urad dal is rich in fibre, both soluble and insoluble, which is known improve our digestion.
- Protects Heart.
- Boosts Energy.
- Improves Bone Health.
- Strengthens Nervous System.
- Helps Manage Diabetes.
- Good For Skin And Hair.
I had few packets of urad dal flour lying in the pantry so i took the easy way of using that. But i will include the instructions of making this ladoo using whole urad dal which is quite easy as well. You can take the option of using urad dal without skin or with skin. Urad dal with skin is little fibrous kids wont like it much.
I have already shared urad dal ladoo in my blog. But it is made using jaggery. This is one is a traditional recipe made using sugar.
If you are using whole urad dal, then follow these steps.
- Wash and dry the urad dal in a cloth or under sun.
- Add urad dal to a dry kadai. Dry roast on medium heat for 10 to 15 mins
- Urad dal will turn light golden.
- Cool it down.
- Take it in a blender and powder till fine.
- Urad dal flour is made.
How to find if Urad dal is roasted.
- Roast urad daal in a heavy bottom kadai on low heat.
- It will take around 10 to 15 mins.
- Keep mixing the daal constantly so it gets evenly brown.
- You can easily smell the roasted urad dal. It will smell toasty.
- If you are using urad dal with skin then it will take little longer time. Roast on low heat.
You will love these ladoo recipes,
If you are looking for more easy Krishna Jayanthi Recipes, Check this link
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Urad Dal Flour / Ulundu Maavu - 2 cups
- Powdered Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Cashews - 4 tblsp chopped finely
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Heat 2 tblsp ghee in a pan, Add in the nuts and fry till golden. Drain and set aside.
- Now in the same ghee add the flour and roast for 5 to 6 mins.
- Now take it off the heat and add in sugar and mix well.
- Add in fried nuts and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Add in melted ghee little by little. Mix well.
- Take small portion of the flour, shape it into tight ladoo.
- Set aside to cool.
2)Roast urad dal flour very well till the raw smell leaves from it.
3)Add sugar as per your liking.
4)You can use any nuts as you prefer. Almonds, Cashews or Pistachios can be used.
5)This ladoo can be stored in room temperature upto a week.
1)Heat ghee in a pan
2)Add chopped nuts
3)Fry till golden brown
4)Remove to a bowl
5)In the same ghee add in urad dal flour
6)Roast the flour till lightly golden
7)Now it is well roasted
8)Now take it off the heat
9)Add in powdered sugar
10)Add in fried nuts
11)Add cardamom powder
13)Add in melted ghee which is slightly hot.
15)Take small portion of the flour mix, shape it into a ball like
16)Shape into ladoo