Mary Berry’s Ginger & Treacle Spiced Tray Bake Recipe with step wise pictures.
This cake is so delicious. The cake itself is so moist and mildly spiced with candied ginger. If you have you can use stem ginger too.
This is from mary berry cookbook. I am hooked to the recipe book “mary berry 100 sweet treats and puds”. All the recipes are awesome and i am trying each and everyone here. This recipe is one from that and it is so easy to make. It taste delicious too. Specially adults will love it.
I have already made quite a few of mary berry recipes,
Check out similar cake recipes,
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Unsalted Butter - ½ cup (115 grams)
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup (100 grams)
- Black Treacle- ½ cup (113 grams)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1¼ cup (150 grams)
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder - ¼ tsp
- Ginger Powder - ½ tsp
- Cloves powder - ⅛ tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Milk - 2 tblsp
- Salt a pinch
- Candied Ginger - 2 tblsp chopped finely
- Icing Sugar - ½ cup
- Milk - 1 tblsp
- Candied Ginger - 2 tblsp chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take butter, sugar, treacle in a bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add in baking powder, salt, spices and mix well.
- Add in milk and mix well.
- Add in flour and fold gently.
- Add candied ginger and mix gently.
- Spoon it into the baking pan and bake for 25 to 35 mins. Remove and cool completely.
- Mix icing sugar with milk or water and pour this over the cooled cake.
- Top with chopped ginger.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take butter in a bowl.
2)Add in brown sugar
3)Add black treacle. Recipe here
5)Add in eggs
7)Add in spice powders and salt
8)Add in baking powder
11)Add in flour
13)Add candied ginger. If you have stem ginger use that
14)Pour in baking pan
15)Bake for 25 to 35 mins
16)Remove and cool completely
17)Make the glaze. Take icing sugar in a bowl
18)Add milk. If you are using stem ginger, use the syrup.
20)Pour this over the cake.
21)Top with more ginger
22)Slice and serve