Long Beans Poriyal Recipe – Payathankai (Karamani) Poriyal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy and easy long beans poriyal which taste delicious with either rice or roti. This stir fry is easy to make.
This simple varuval taste amazing with plain rice and any kuzhambu. It is super easy to make and fast to cook as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Long Beans - 4 cups chopped finely
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu paruppu - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Heat oil in a pan, add spices and curry leaves and let them sizzle.
- Add onions and stir fry for a min.
- Add in beans and stir fry them for 2 mins.
- Add salt and mix. Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Take the lid and add chilli powder and coconut. Stir fry on high heat for 5 mins.
1)Take long beans and wash well
2)Chop them into small pieces
3)Heat oil in a kadai
4)Add mustard and urad dal
5)Add curry leaves and dry red chillies
6)Let them sizzle
11)Cover and cook for 5 mins
11)Add in chilli powder
13)Mix well and cook for 5 more mins