White sandwich bread recipe with step by step pictures and video. Sandwich bread is made using refined wheat flour, yeast, milk, sugar and salt.
You all know my love for baking bread at home from my array of bread post in my blog. So far i have tried so many versions of bread like 100% Whole Wheat Bread, White Bread, Multi Grain Bread. And i went a little fancy and made a Homemade Panettone & Focaccia Bread. So far everything turned out so beautiful and they all been my favourite ones.
About White Sandwich Bread
White bread typically refers to breads made from wheat flour from which the bran and the germ layers have been removed (and set aside) from the whole wheat berry as part of the flour grinding or milling process, producing a light-coloured flour.
This milling process can give white flour a longer shelf life by removing the natural oils from the whole grain. Removing the oil allows products made with the flour, like white bread, to be stored for longer periods of time avoiding potential rancidity.
I wanted to bake a basic sandwich bread for a very long time and finally i made it. It is a fool proof recipe for the perfect sandwich bread. It is just soft, sturdy and taste delicious.
Video for White Sandwich Bread Recipe
This is so easy to make as well and it makes the perfect toast or taste just delicious when spread with some jam or preserves over it when sliced fresh from the loaf.
I have been baking bread in our house for a very long time. Usually I do wheat bread at home. I have also baked white bread too, they always comes out so soft and fluffy. Everyone loves it a lot, they just eat it as it is tight from the oven. But i have no idea how i missed to post it here.
The recipe for making bread is so simple. If you try it once you will never go back to store bought stuff again. Baking bread at home is so fresh and they makes your house smell so heavenly. The freshly baked bread can never go wrong.
The only key point in this is don't make the dough too hard and stiff. Just make the dough little sticky. That makes the lighter bread. If you make it stiff, that will result in denser bread. So keep that point in mind and let me know if you try it some day.
How to Make White Sandwich Bread
Take yeast in a bowl. Pour in some water and sugar. Mix this well and set aside for 5 mins till it foams up.
Take flour and salt in a bowl and mix well. Pour in the yeast water and some more additional water and knead into a dough. Add in oil and knead it for 5 mins. Transfer this to a well oiled bowl and cover it tightly. Let it rise for a hour or hour and half till it is double in size.
Now add ½ cup of extra flour and knead into a soft dough. Grease a loaf pan. Take the dough out and shape into a loaf shape and place it inside the pan. Cover with a cling wrap and let it rise till it is more than double in size, for about a hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 Degree F / 190 Degree C. Bake in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 mins till it is golden on top and cooked. After 10 to 15 mins take it out of the pan and leave it to cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and Serve.
Sandwich Bread Recipe | White Sandwich Bread Recipe
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Dry Milk Powder
- 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1½ tsp Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with oil and set aside.
- Take flour, milk powder, salt in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Take warm water, sugar and yeast in a bowl and let it sit and rest for 5 mins. Add in melted butter and mix well.
- Now pour this in the bowl and mix well to a soft dough. Transfer the dough to working surface and sprinkle with lots of flour and knead for 5 to 8 mins till the dough is smooth and soft.
- Now take this in a oiled bowl and oil the dough as well. Cover and let it rest for 1 to 2 hours till it is doubled in size.
- Now knead it once and spread it evenly. Roll it tightly and place it in a oiled loaf pan,, cover and let it rise for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- In the last 15 mins of rising, preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Now brush the top with milk and bake it in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 mins.
- Remove it and let it rest in the pan for 5 mins.
- Now remove it from pan and cool it completely, slice and serve.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.