“Healthy and packed with nutrition, Cabbage and Spinach Stir fry makes a quick side dish for rice or roti, you can enjoy this as a side salad for roast chicken or fish as well”
In the middle of a week, when you are busy with office work, household chores, kids studies, grocery shopping, cleaning and other stuffs that keeps on piling, the last thing which comes to mind is making dinner. No more worries a side dish which can play many roles in your menu.
Cabbage spinach stir fry can be served as a side salad with your roast chicken or fish dinner. Or make some plain steamed rice in your rice cooker or pressure cooker and serve this along with rice. This stir fry has some indian seasoning in them which not only makes it super fragrant but adds nice crunch to the dish.
If you are into this type of recipes, you have to check my
This recipe can be considered as a power packed dish because of the nutrients from cabbage and spinach.
- Cabbage Is Packed With Nutrients.
- It May Help Keep Inflammation.
- Cabbage Is Packed With Vitamin C.
- It Helps Improve Digestion.
- May Help Keep Your Heart Healthy.
- May Lower Blood Pressure.
- Could Help Lower Cholesterol Levels.
- Cabbage Is an Excellent Source of Vitamin K.
Meanwhile spinach is one of the super food.
Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and manganese. Eating this leafy green veggie may benefit eye health, reduce oxidative stress and reduce blood pressure levels among other health functions. Whether you like it or not, spinach is surely one veggie that you must include in your daily diet.
Now you have the perfect excuse to make this often.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Spinach - 3 cups shredded
- Cabbage - 2 cups shredded
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Chana Dal - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Black Pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai or wok. Add in mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal. let it sizzle and turn golden brown.
- Add in cabbage and mix well. Stir fry for 3 to 4 mins till raw smell fades.
- Add in spinach and mix well. It will wilt as soon as it hits the pan.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Cook on low heat for 4 to 5 mins till cabbage is cooked.
- Now add in all spice powders and mix well.
- Thats it.
- Serve as side salad or as side dish with some steamed rice.
1)Heat oil in a pan
2)Add in mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal
3)Once the seeds are golden in colour. Add in shredded cabbage
4)Toss and stir the cabbage for 3 to 4 mins till the raw smell fades
5)Add in shredded spinach. You could use baby spinach or any variety
6)Stir well. Spinach will wilt in a matter of moments.
7)Season with some salt
9)Cover and cook on a very low heat for 3 to 5 mins.
10)Now the cabbage is cooked completely
11)Add in turmeric powder, red chilli powder and black pepper powder
14)You can serve this as a side salad or as side dish with rice