Mutton Kola Urundai Recipe – Chettinad Mutton Keema Balls Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and crispy mutton keema kola urundai which can be served as a appetizer for any parties. These balls turn out crispy and juicy as well.
I have been wanting to make this for quite sometime now. Finally i made it few weeks back when hubby got minced mutton. The balls turned out super delicious. The kola urundai was so soft and tasted so flavourful.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Mutton Mince (Keema) - 500 grams
- Green Chilli - 1
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 3
- Cloves / Krambu - 3
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water - 2 cup
- Coriander Leaves - ½ cup
- Coconut - ¼ cup
- Roasted Gram Dal / Pori Kadalai - ½ cup powdered (as needed)
- Onion - 1 medium size
- Curry leaves a small handful
- Make the kola urundai. Take mutton mince to water in a pot and cook for 7 to 10 mins. Drain the water and reserve the stock.
- Take onion and curry leaves in a blender and crush coarsely.
- Add mutton mince mix, coriander leaves, coconut and blend till combined.
- Add it in a plate add in roasted gram dal powder and mix well.
- Shape into ball.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden. Drain and set aside.
1)Take roasted gram dal in a blender
2)Powder it fine.
3)Take ground lamb in a pan
4)Add in fennel seeds, cloves, bay leaf, cumin seeds, cinnamon and cardamom.
5)Add ginger garlic paste
6)Add in black pepper
7)Add in turmeric, chilli powder and salt.
8)Add in water and green chillies
You can try mutton kola urundai kuzhambu using this ball. Check this link for recipe.
9)Now mix everything and cook that for 5 to 6 mins.
10)Cook till mutton is cooked.
11)Now it is done.
12)Drain the meat
13)Reserve the stock for gravy
14)Now make the mix for kola urundai. Take onions and curry leaves in a blender
15)Pulse few times to crush them
16)Add in cooked meat mix
17)Add in coriander leaves and mint leaves
18)Add some coconut
19)Pulse till mixed
20)Add in the powdered gram dal mix
23)shape it into small balls
24)Deep fry in hot oil till golden