Herb Chicken Curry Recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious herb filled chicken curry taste amazing with rice, roti.
Chicken curry is my favorite one.I make it in a different way each time. But last week I made a herby chicken curry which was perfect. It had the lovely aroma of lots of fresh mint and cilantro in it. To add a little richness, I added some cashews too. It was a total hit in my house. This curry taste best with rice or roti.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Herb Chicken Curry Recipe
- Chicken - 500 gms cut into small pieces
- Oil -4 tblspn
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 3 crushed
- Onion- 2 large sliced thinly
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblspn
- Tomatoes - 3 large chopped finely
- Coriander powder / Malli podi - 1 tblspn
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- For Green Masala:
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro - 1 cup packed
- Mint Leaves / Pudhina - 1 cup packed
- Green Chilli - 5
- Cashews - 10 pieces
- Take the ingredients given for the green masala in a blender and make into a fine puree.
- Heat a pot on medium heat. Add oil and heat it up.
- Add in cinnamon and cardamom and mix well.
- Now add in onions, curry leaves and saute till they turn transparent.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute it for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and mix well. Cook this till they turn mushy.
- Add in all the spice powders along with salt and mix well.
- Now pour in the ground green masala and cook till oil separates from this.
- Add in chicken and toss in the masala.
- Cover it with water and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer and cover the pan. Cook on a low heat for 25-30 mins or untill the chicken is cooked and oil floats on top.
- Switch of the flame and leave it aside for a hour or two so that the flavours gets united.
- Serve with rice.
Herb Chicken Curry Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Stuffs you need for the herby masala|
|Add everything in a blender|
|and make into a fine puree|
|Heat oil and add in cardamom and cinnamon|
|add onions and curry leaves|
|add in ginger garlic paste as well|
|throw in tomatoes|
|and cook everything till they turn mushy|
|add in all the spice powders and salt|
|pour in the herby masala|
|Cook till oil separates|
|add in chicken|
|and toss with the masala|
|cover and simmer|
|till chicken is cooked and oil floats on top|