Last Updated on November 20, 2020
One Pot Mushroom Biryani Recipe - Kalan Biryani Recipe with step wise pictures.
Simple and quick mushroom biryani recipe which can be made in few mins. Great recipe to put in your kids lunch box as well.
Mushroom is many of us favorite. Last time i made mushroom dum biryani and shared which got so many good responses. Most of you tried it and loved it to the core. This time i wanted to share a simple mushroom biryani recipe which is made in on pot and it great for busy morning. This is great to put in lunch box too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 3 tblsp
- Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4 crushed
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Mace - 1
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Mushroom - 200 grams sliced
- Basmati Rice - 1.5 cup
- Coconut Milk - 1.5 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pot.
- Add whole spices and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add salt, spice powder and mix well.
- Add in mushroom and toss well.
- Add basmati rice and water, coconut milk and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil and boil for 5 mins till all water is absorbed.
- Cover and low the flame to simmer and cook for 6 to 10 mins.
- Turn off the heat and let it stay covered for 10 mins.
- Fluff the rice and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pot. I used coconut oil.
2)Add a spoon of ghee for flavour
3)Add in whole spices
4)Add sliced onions
6)Cook that till golden brown.
7)Add in ginger garlic paste
8)Saute till raw smell leaves
10)Cook till mushy
11)Now add in spice powders
13)Add in mushrooms
Similar Mushroom Recipes,
15)Add in coconut milk.
16)Add in water
17)You must soak basmati rice for 30 mins and drain it. Add soaked and drained rice.
19)Boil for 5 mins till most of the water is disappeared.
21)Now cover it and simmer the flame and cook for 15 mins.
22)Fluff up the rice.
DONT MISS TO CHECK THIS DELICIOUS MUSHROOM SOUP