Restaurant Style Vegetable Pulao Recipe (Pulav Recipe) with step wise pictures.
Simple and flavourful vegetable pulao which taste so yummy with onion raita or any curries. This is a yummy lunch box recipe too.
This is a simple pulao which is so easy to make. If you get the hang of it you will get perfect grains of rice all the time. Each rice shines through all the time.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 4 tblsp
- Ghee - 4 tblsp
- Fennel seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 5
- Cloves / Krambu - 5
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Brinji Ilai / Pandan Leaf - 1
- Onion - 2 large sliced thinly
- Vegetables - 3 cups
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Peas - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Green Chillies - 6 to 8
- Coriander leaves - ½ cup
- Mint Leaves - ½ cup
- Heat oil and ghee in a pot. Add in whole spices.
- Add in onions and cook till golden brown.
- Add in the ground masala and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add in veggies and saute them for 5 mins.
- Add in peas, tomatoes and mix well.
- Add in soaked rice and mix well. Stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add in water and salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Boil till most of the water is gone.
- Cover the pot with a lid. Simmer the flame and cook for 10 mins.
- Open the lid and fluff up the rice.
- Serve hot.
1)First grind the masala. Take ginger garlic paste in a blender
2)Add in green chillies
3)Add coriander leaves
4)Add mint leaves
5)Grind to a smooth paste
6)Heat oil in a pot.
8)Add whole spices
9)Add sliced onions
10)Cook till golden brown.
11)Add ground masala
12)Saute till raw smell leaves
13)Add all chopped veggies. I used carrots, cauliflower, beans, capsicum
14)Saute them in the masala for 5 mins.
16)Add in tomatoes
17)Add in peas
19)Add in soaked rice
21)Saute them in the oil and ghee for 3 to 4 mins.
23)Bring it to a boil. Boil for 5 mins on high heat.
24)Boil till most of the water is evaporated.
24)Cover and simmer the flame.
25)Cook on low heat for 10 mins.
26)Fluff up the rice. Serve.