Turmeric Milk latte or Golden Milk Latte is a healthy alternative for coffee or tea. This is not only delicious but has so many health benefits in them.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
Turmeric derives its medicinal superpowers from the compound curcumin , which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that may be beneficial for digestion, detoxification, and pain relief. According to a 2014 study , curcumin may be able to help fight depression.
Turmeric lattes taste differently than anything you've ever tried before. It tastes warm, slightly earthy, sometimes sweet and savory at the same time. Combined with the flavors of cinnamon and cardamon, it is a match in heaven.
This turmeric latte is perfect for those of you that want a healthy alternative to coffee. We love it because is so delicious, healthy and creamy. Combine milk, turmeric, maple syrup (or honey), cinnamon, cardamom small saucepan and heat so it is infused. Now strain and use a milk frother to make it creamy. thats it. Golden milk latte is done.
Check out my warm turmeric milk recipe
Check my Turmeric rice recipe too
Turmeric Latte has so many health benefits in them.
Turmeric Latte Health Benefits
- Loaded With Antioxidants.
- May Help Reduce Inflammation and Joint Pain.
- May Improve Memory and Brain Function.
- Curcumin in Turmeric May Improve Mood.
- May Protect Against Heart Disease.
- May Lower Blood Sugar Levels.
- Reduce Your Risk of Cancer.
- Has Antibacterial, Antiviral and Antifungal Properties.
if you want to make this vegan. Use any vegan milk instead of regular milk. Almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk can be used in turmeric latte.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Turmeric Latte Recipe
- Milk - 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Sugar or any sweetner of your choice - as needed
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 2 crushed
- Take all ingredients in a sauce pan. Heat on very low heat till it comes to a boil
- Simmer this for 5 mins.
- Now strain this and use a frother to froth the milk.
- Serve hot.
Turmeric Latte Recipe With Step by Step Pictures
1)Take milk in a sauce pan
2)Add sweetener as you like. I used keto sugar
3)Add in cinnamon, cardamom and turmeric powder
5)heat on low heat
6)Leave it to simmer for 5 mins
8)Now take a milk frother
8)Froth it up
11)Take a serving glass
12)Pour it in and serve
Turmeric Milk Recipe
This is a staple drink in my home, whenever someone gets cold, cough or throat pain this milk comes handy. It gives such a relief for them. There is nothing more soothing for your throat than a cup of hot manjal paal.
How to Make Turmeric Milk
There are so many versions we make this milk. Will share all the version with you guys soon..There are some point you have to remember when you make this.
1)If you are making this for people who have cold, add half milk and half water
2)If you don't have palm rock candy, you can use palm sugar / karupatti..Separately heat palm jaggery with little water, strain this and add it to the milk in the end. Dont add it and boil it, because it may make the milk curdle.
This is not only for sick people, you can have this even daily before going to bed, it gives such a good and peaceful sleep. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Mango Iced Tea
Ginger Cardamom Chai
|Take Palm sugar candy in a sauce pan..It is also called as panakarkandu|
Turmeric Milk Recipe
- Milk - 1 ¼ cup if you are making this for people who have cold, add half milk and half water
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Palm Rock Candy / Panakarkandu - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Take all the ingredients in a sauce pan and mix well.
- Put it on heat and bring it to a boil, once it boils simmer the flame and cook for 5 min or so. Now strain this milk and serve immediately
Leave a Reply