Masala Chai is a spiced milk tea. The tea is made by roasting spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black pepper and ginger powder and making it a tea masala powder. The spice powder is made by boiling milk, tea powder, tea masala and sugar steeped together to create masala tea. You can make a spiced tea and cinnamon tea with spices.
In our house evening must have tea, yes it is compulsary. I don’t drink tea daily, but my mother and sister do that. Actually speaking my mum cannot live without tea. What she drink is normal tea flavoured with some ginger or some cardamom and mostly plain. They were great for her.
About Masala Chai
Masala Chai is a hot beverage popular indian tea made by boiling milk with indian tea, special tea masala powder and sugar. The beverage is popular across the world. Tea is steeped with spices like green cardamom, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon and ginger.
But if I feel like having a cup of chai , it should be this masala chai. Yes I love it a lot..There is something in that spicy aroma and taste coming from all the spices and ginger which makes me so refreshing. And the cool thing is, this is great for digestion, since all the spices added in this is so good for you. Have this tea with some tea biscuit, in my case it should be marie biscuits. I dip the biscuits in the tea and have it sip by sip and it will be like heaven.
Mango Iced Tea
Ginger Cardamom Chai
Grape Iced Tea
Honey Lemon Tea
Recipe for Masala Chai Powder
Masala Chai Spice Mix are cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, black pepper and dry ginger powder.
Masala Chai Ingredients
How to Make Masala Chai
- Make spice powder as given above.
- Now to make masala tea. Heat water in a sauce pan and add tea powder. Boil for 2 mins.
- Add milk and simmer for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in spice powder and mix well. simmer for 2 to 3 mins.
- Sprinkle sugar and simmer for 2 mins.
- Strain and serve.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Masala Chai | Masala Tea | Masala for Chai Recipe
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Tea powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Water
Chai Masala Powder
- 20 no Cardamom
- 2 stick Cinnamon
- 10 no Cloves
- 1 tbsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- In a dry pan add all the masala powder ingrediants and start roasting. Roast till you get nice aroma from it. Now transfer this to a bowl and let it cool down completely. Add this to a blender and grind it to a fine powder. Transfer it to an air tight container and store for more than a month.
- Now to make masala tea. Take water in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil. Add in tea powder and simmer for 2 to 3 mins.
- Heat milk in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add in spice powder and simmer for 2 mins.
- Add sugar to taste and mix well. Simmer for 2 min.s
- Strain the tea using a strainer.
- Pour this chai into individual glasses and serve with any cookies.
Masala Chai Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1)Your tea masala ingredients. Take cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black pepper and dry ginger powder.
2)Dry Roast spices in a dry pan. Roast on a low flame till it is toasted.
3)Cool the spices. Add the spices to a blender.
3)Add in dry ginger powder.
4)Powder till fine. This is your masala powder.
5)Take water in a sauce pan.
6)Bring it to a boil. Add in tea powder.
7)Boil the tea for 2 to 3 mins.
8)Add in milk
9)Keep mixing and pour it from a height to froth the milk.
10)Add in the tea masala.
11)Mix well. Simmer for 2 mins.
12)Add sugar for sweetness.
13)Bring it to a boil.
15)Pour it into serving glass.