Karupatti Kaapi Recipe with step by step pictures. Healthy karupatti kaapi recipe or Chukku kaapi recipe.
If you ever have or you see your loved ones suffering from cough, cold or sore throat. Then this is an amazing medicine you could make for them to get instant relief from that. This kappi really works wonders, you can make them in bulk and keep covered. Then reheat it and give them through out the day. You will find considerable relief immediately.
Make the powder in bulk and store them in an air tight container. So you can make it as you like.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Karupatti Kaapi Recipe | Chukku Kaapi Recipe
For Chukku Powder:
- Dry Ginger Powder / Chukku Podi- ½ cup
- Coriander Seeds / Malli - 2 tblspn
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Peppercorns - 1 tsp
- Panakarkandu / Rock Candy - 3 tblspn Optional
For One Serving Kapi:
- Water - 1 cup
- Chukku powder - 1 tsp
- Karupatti / Palm Jaggery - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Take all the ingredients given in the list of chukku podi in a blender. Make this into a fine powder. Store this in an air tight container.
- Now make the kaapi, take water in a sauce pan. Add chukku podi and karuppati in it. Mix well.
- Simmer this for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now strain this and discard the solids.
- Pour into glass. Serve hot.
Karupatti Kaapi Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|All your spices|
|Take them in a blender|
|Make into a fine powder|
|Your chukku powder is done|
|Store them in an air tight container|
|Heat water in a sauce pan|
|Add some karupatti in it|
|Add some of the chukku powder|
|Bring it to a boil|
|All flavours is infused|
|Now strain it|
|You will get all sediments this way|