- Country Chicken / Nattu Kozhi - 1 kg
- Indian Sesame Oil / Nala Ennai / Gingelly oil - ½ cup
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 15 chopped
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tblspn ( Click here for recipe)
- Tomatoes - 2 large chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Coriander powder / Malli podi - 2 tblspn
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp
- Tamarind Pulp - 3 tblspn (Click here for recipe)
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro a handful
- Whole Pepper - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tblspn
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tblspn
- Cloves / Krambu - 6
- Cinnamon / Pattai -1 small stick
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 10 left whole
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Poppy Seeds / Kus Kus / Kasa Kasa - 2 tblspn
- Heat 1 tblspn oil ina kadai. Add in the ingredients give for roasting and grinding list and saute
- for 5 mins on low flame. Now remove this to a blender and make into a fine puree. Set this aside till use.
- Take coconut and poppy seeds in a blender and make into a fine puree.Set this aside till use.
- Take a large kadai. Heat oil in it.
- Add in chopped shallots, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste and saute for a couple of mins.
- Now add in tomatoes and saute for 5 mind till they turn mushy.
- Add in salt, add the spice powders and saute for a min.
- Add the chicken in and mix well with the masala.
- Add in water, tamarind pulp and bring it to a boil Cover the pan and simmer it for 15-20 mins till the chicken is 3/ 4th done.
- Now add in the onion masala, coconut masala and mix well.
- Cover the pan again and simmer for 30 mins.
- Add in lots of coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
HERE IS A QUICK VIDEO:
|Take all your ingredients|
|Check out the ingredient list for the name of the spices|
|Start by roasting your spices and shallots|
|remove them to a blender|
|and make into a fine puree.set this aside|
|now take coconut and poppy seeds in a blender|
|and make this into a fine puree too..Set this aside|
|Lets make the curry..heat lots of gingelly oil|
|add in shallots and curry leaves|
|add in ginger garlic paste|
|add some salt|
|and spice powders|
|add the nattu koli in|
|pour some water|
|and tamarind juice|
|cover and cook till the chicken is 3/4th done|
|now add in the ground shallot masala|
|and the ground coconut masala|
|cook everything on a slow flame|
|till oil floats on top|
|add lots of cilantro|
|and mix well|
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.