Suji Ke Gulab Jamun Recipe – Sooji Jamun Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious sooji jamun recipe which is so easy to make and you need only basic ingredients. It taste different from normal jamun but is delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Sooji / Rava / Semolina - 1 cup
- Milk - 2.5 cup to 3 cups
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Green food colour optional
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Cardamom Pods - 2 crushed
- Saffron a pinch
- Take sooji in a dry pan and roast for 2 mins. Remove it to a bowl.
- Take milk in a pan and bring it to a boil. Add ghee and sugar and mix well.
- Add sooji slowly and keep mixing. Cook till it thickens. Cook till it is completely thick and dry.
- Take it in a bowl and cool it down.
- Make syrup, take sugar and water in a pan, boil it and cook till sticky stage. Add cardamom and saffron and mix well. Set aside and keep warm.
- Once the sooji is cooled, take small portion from it and add green colour. Knead well and set aside.
- Now take the remaining sooji and knead well till smooth and soft.
- Divide both white and green mix into equal balls.
- Take white ball and flatten it, place green ball inside it and cover it. Roll into smooth ball.
- Heat oil for deepfrying, drop ball in medium hot oil and fry till golden. Drain and add immediately into the syrup. Let it soak for 30 mins.
1)Take sooji in a dry pan.
2)Roast for 1 to 2 mins. Remove it to a bowl and set aside.
3)Take milk in a pan
4)Bring it to a boil.
6)Add in ghee
7)Let it heat together
8)Add in sooji slowly.
10)Continue cooking on low flame till it is mixed well and starts to thicken
11)Now it is nice and thick
12)Now it is done.
13)Take it in a bowl and cool it down.
14)Now make sugar syrup, take sugar in a pan
16)Bring it to a boil
17)Cook till it gets sticky consistency
18)Now it almost there
19)Add cardamom powder
20)Add saffron, take it off the heat and keep warm.
21)Now the sooji mix has cooled, knead it well for 5 to 7 mins.
23)Now it is kneaded well.
24)Take small portion in a plate
25)Add green colour and knead well.
26)Divide the sooji mix into equal balls.
27)Take a ball
28)Place a green ball in the center
30)Roll it into a smooth ball.
31)Now fry the jamuns in oil
32)Fry on medium heat till golden brown
33)keep mixing it gently.
34)Now it is golden brown
36)Put it in the syrup
37)Let it soak for 30 mins