Afghan Chicken Recipe – How to Make Afghani Chicken at Home with step wise pictures.
Afghan Chicken Recipe. Super creamy and a different style of recipe for cooking chicken. This chicken dish goes great with rice, roti, or naan.
When i was looking for dinner inspiration online, i came across a picture of a spicy chicken curry served with some naan. I got so inspired from that so i made it almost immediately.
This chicken dish is so easy to make, you dont need onions, tomatoes and other stuffs. If you use larger chicken pieces then it will be more tasty. I used small cut chicken because that what i had on hand.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Cashews - 10
- Yogurt / Curd - 3 tblsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Chat Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice - 1 tblsp
- Fresh Cream - 4 tblsp
- Kasuri Methi Leaves (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) - 1 tblsp
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Take cashews and yogurt in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take all ingredients except oil in a bowl and mix well. Let it marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in chicken pieces and fry till golden brown.
- Now add in remaining marinate into the pan, add some water.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15 to 20 mins.
1)Take cashews in a blender.
2)Add in yogurt
3)Grind till smooth
4)Take chicken in a bowl
5)Add in salt, pepper and garam masala powder
6)Add chaat masala powder
7)Add in the ground cashew and yogurt mix
8)Add in ginger garlic paste
9)Add kasuri methi leaves
10)Add lemon juice
11)Add in fresh cream
12)Add it in
13)Mix well and leave to marinate for 30 mins.
14)Heat oil and add in chicken pieces alone, reserve the extra marinate aside.
17)Keep frying till the chicken is browned
18)Now it is lightly browned
19)Now add remaining marinate.
20)Add extra water
22)Cover and cook
23)Now the chicken is done. If you want a little more gravy, add some more water and cook.