Bun Parotta Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Delicious madurai style bun parotta recipe which is super easy to make and taste amazing. This parotta is a popular madurai recipe. Madurai street style bun parota recipe is super easy to make.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 kg
- Egg - 2
- Water - 1 to 1 ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Oil - 3 tblsp + for frying
- Take salt, sugar, water in a bowl and mix well.
- Take eggs in a bowl, add water and oil and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Knead this to a dough.
- Now knead this dough for atleast 5 mins till it is soft and strechy.
- Apply oil on it and cover with a wet cloth. Let it marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Now divide the dough into equal balls. Apply oil over it and leave aside for 1 hour.
- Take the dough. Flatten it on a oiled work surface using your oiled hands.
- Now strech it as much as you can. Fold one side on it, fold other side on it.
- Now roll it loosely into a bun like. Check images for understanding.
- Now heat oil in a cast iron pan and fry on medium heat on both sides till golden and crispy.
- Serve with salna.
1)Take egg in a bowl
2)Take sugar in a bowl
3)Add in salt
5)Pour it into the egg
9)Add in flour
10)Mix well to a dough
11)Now knead this for 5 mins till smooth.
12)Apply oil over it
14)Cover with a wet cloth and let it marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
15)Take small portion of dough.
16)Strech it using oiled hands in a well oiled work surface.
17)See how thin i have streched.
18)Fold it from one side.
19)Now fold other side.
20)Now fold it.
21)Roll like this.
23)These bubbles should be there which will make the parota cripsy and light.
25)Heat oil in a pan.
26)Place bun parota
27)Cook on medium flame.
28)Flip over and cook till crispy
29)Keep cooking till crispy
31)Remove it to a board
33)Nice and flaky